Customer’s impression:
Useful Easy Disappointed Submit your impression Útil
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Takes awhile to figure out but works great.

posted by GraemeJ on 08/21/2008
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

The item is well made
    It has great quality cables.
    Its small and fits nicely on the desktop.
    It comes with a CD inside and instructions (that I never used)

The drivers cause a few problems in Windows XP. I am a mac os x leopard owner and I bought this to transfer my VHS onto DVDs.
    Here is how you can get this to work:
    There is a DC60 version which works in Windows and a newer DC60+ that has software for a mac. I bought this not knowing there was a mac version but got this to work on bootcamp. This is a DC60.
    You need to compress video using DIVX Codex 6.8 on 1st pass. Also, the included software DOESNT work, but amCap v9.2 is free and works great.

I would get this if you are savvy on downloading drivers. amCap v9.2 is free software and takes some trial and error to get things working. At first I thought I'd cry and be so frustrated trying to figure out how to get things to work in windows again after using a mac for so long, but it wasn't overly difficult. I also put a rough tutorial on how I did this up on you tube. Just search for How to use the Easy Cap USB Capture.

Compared to everything else out there, I'm not sure how the other ones work, I'm sure there are some that are more pain free. If I were to do it all over again I'd probably pay a bit more to get something that will save my time and give me less of a headache.

Post comment

DX Everywhere