Customer’s impression:
Submit your impression Satisfeito Worked perfectly
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Takes awhile to figure out but works great.

posted by GraemeJ on 08/21/2008
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The item is well made
    It has great quality cables.
    Its small and fits nicely on the desktop.
    It comes with a CD inside and instructions (that I never used)

Cons:

The drivers cause a few problems in Windows XP. I am a mac os x leopard owner and I bought this to transfer my VHS onto DVDs.
    Here is how you can get this to work:
    There is a DC60 version which works in Windows and a newer DC60+ that has software for a mac. I bought this not knowing there was a mac version but got this to work on bootcamp. This is a DC60.
    You need to compress video using DIVX Codex 6.8 on 1st pass. Also, the included software DOESNT work, but amCap v9.2 is free and works great.

OtherThoughts:

I would get this if you are savvy on downloading drivers. amCap v9.2 is free software and takes some trial and error to get things working. At first I thought I'd cry and be so frustrated trying to figure out how to get things to work in windows again after using a mac for so long, but it wasn't overly difficult. I also put a rough tutorial on how I did this up on you tube. Just search for How to use the Easy Cap USB Capture.

Bottomline:

Compared to everything else out there, I'm not sure how the other ones work, I'm sure there are some that are more pain free. If I were to do it all over again I'd probably pay a bit more to get something that will save my time and give me less of a headache.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections