Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Whoa!

posted by UnhappyCustomer on 04/28/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

+about 450 to 500 lumens

+18650 protected cells fit nice :)

+Brightest light you can get for the money as of this review.

+5 modes allows for strobing friends and long runtime

+build quality is pretty good (threads are nice)

+reliable so far, best light i own actually (besides hs-802)

+floods a lot of light :)!! a wall of lumens that stretches fart!!! (lol)

+p60 makes swapping to lesser led possible, but xml 5-mode makes doing so dumb (efficiency is great on low) but its still nice

+have left it on all night on low with plenty of battery left

+really, much brighter than expected when compared to r2 or q5, which run at same current (almost 3 times as bright maybe)

+uses just over one amp on high (1.1 to 1.2 at tail) so runtime is great! ~2hrs even on high

+great for camping, seems water resistant (used in rain 5 or 6 times and works great still)

+fits pretty comfortably in the pocket

Cons:

+not a great thrower, but just as good as any other p60 I've tried

-turbo instead of sos would be nice, 3A? Whoah!

-warms up quite a bit, had to add foil and heat-sink compound to head to avoid damage to the bad@$$ led

-too bright to point at friends without them getting upset :)

-low is pretty bright still, but thats just because the led is super efficient (150+ lumens at 350ma)

OtherThoughts:

dd turbo might be too much heat for this small body....but as long as you used it wisely it would make this light worth 10x more in the right situation...BUT with great power comes great responsibility, burning the led would be all too easy at that current...so maybe its a bad idea...

Bottomline:

BUY THIS! If you want to make sure you don't damage the led, use aluminum foil and heat-sinking compound around the drop-in to take up air space between it and the flashlight body. It should last years if used with sense even without foil. I live in a place where temps regularly go above 100f, so if you live in a colder area, you probably wont encounter the heat problem i did

sorry for that "fart" typo teeheehee

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections