• 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• The best flashlight for night cycling (WF504B)

posted by Avengerx on 04/26/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- Great, white light

- The beam is well wide, differently from other models like 502B which are narrower

- You can use the 'low' mode to go around the lit places at night (example on the city), signalling where you are yet saving battery time and not obfuscating others' sight (specially car drivers)

Cons:

- In HIGH mode (strongest light) it heats up very high (not an issue while you are riding your bicycle as wind blows constantly)

- 90% of the cases (if not 100%) for this item require you to do modifications on the back cap to get rid of failing contacts (usually by soldering a copper wire around the switch's contacts)

- The strap came with the plastic joint broken, so I had to superglue it back in one place. Anyway for biking I do not use the strap (used it on my mobile phone tough).

OtherThoughts:

This flashlight is really great. The price is worth it. I could never find something like that around.

You should consider buying SKU 53270 grease to avoid desiccation of the rubber ring that seals the inside from water specially for the back cap.

Bottomline:

If I were to buy another of this, I would buy the same. As an -possible- alternative that might have a wider beam (have not tested yet), I would consider buying the AK-T60 XML-T6. Although a bit stronger, if the beam is too wide, it would not get as far as the 504B angle.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections