Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month
- Great, white light
- The beam is well wide, differently from other models like 502B which are narrower
- You can use the 'low' mode to go around the lit places at night (example on the city), signalling where you are yet saving battery time and not obfuscating others' sight (specially car drivers)
- In HIGH mode (strongest light) it heats up very high (not an issue while you are riding your bicycle as wind blows constantly)
- 90% of the cases (if not 100%) for this item require you to do modifications on the back cap to get rid of failing contacts (usually by soldering a copper wire around the switch's contacts)
- The strap came with the plastic joint broken, so I had to superglue it back in one place. Anyway for biking I do not use the strap (used it on my mobile phone tough).
This flashlight is really great. The price is worth it. I could never find something like that around.
You should consider buying SKU 53270 grease to avoid desiccation of the rubber ring that seals the inside from water specially for the back cap.
If I were to buy another of this, I would buy the same. As an -possible- alternative that might have a wider beam (have not tested yet), I would consider buying the AK-T60 XML-T6. Although a bit stronger, if the beam is too wide, it would not get as far as the 504B angle.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.