• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great light

posted by SerialChiller on 04/23/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- Great build quality
    - Really great output
    - It gets hot on the outside really quickly, which is a good thing because it means the heat dissipation is working
    - Nice beam (thanks to OP-reflector)
    - The main switch changes it's color, depending on the battery status.

Cons:

- UI could have been simpler for my taste. Nobody needs a flashing mode. Short press for switching between high/mid and a longer press for off would have been perfect in my eyes.

OtherThoughts:

- Maybe not 1000 lumens but close. Compared to the 700lm-setting of my Olight SR90 this light is clearly brighter.
    - The cable is rather short (about 30-40cm), which I don't see as a downside. I attached the light to the front and the batteries to the back of my helmet. The cable is perfect for that, if it were longer I wouldn't know where to put it. You can order an extension cord, if you need a longer cable.
    - Get a head strap, if you want to use it as a headlamp.
    - You should probably only use this light on high, if you are outside and moving, because it might get too hot withoud some air movement.

Bottomline:

Get it if you need a lot of light for biking, skating, etc. You won't get a better or brighter light at this price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections