Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great Value

posted by tazzmenn on 06/07/2011
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

With the updated Cree XM-L emitter and the updated rubber case for the battery pack. This light system is now stomping on all the competition.

Cons:

Mounting can be an issue. I found that the supplied oring type mounting was not good enough. For riding here (Vancouver, B.C.) I must have a very low profile mount. A mount that keeps the light as close to the helmet as possible, while allowing air flow. I removed the oring holder from both lights that are screwed into the body and made myself a custom mount that is better suited to my needs. Two of these mounted together on the crown of the helmet, that can now be moved to any of my helmets. The velcro strap system I have used for years works great.

OtherThoughts:

Got it out of the box and being the little boy I am. I quickly took it all apart and inspected it. Nice build clean good solder connections ect. Heat management looks like overkill, this is great! I could not find any issues as have been noted before. These lights are a popular topic on many online sites.

Bottomline:

If you like to pin it on Cypress in the dark or like banging any kind of laps in the dark. I recommend these lights. I have been waiting for over a year to buy these lights. As soon as the new 808E came out I placed the order.

Once I have put these through a few months of use I will post up a follow up review. Anyone into night laps on Upper Oil Can? I has been years since I have done that. Time to take it back and ride that trail again.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections