DX » Community » Reviews » MagicShine MJ-808E HA-III CREE XM-LT60 3-Mode 1000-Lumen LED Bike Light Set (4x18650)
  • 5 star 20 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Ideal for 24hr races

posted by mangiant on 07/27/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Stupid bright
    Great flood
    Great spot
    Easy to use
    Short cable
    Battery life indicator

Cons:

none yet

OtherThoughts:

I just used this during a 24hrs of adrenalin race. I bought 5 sets for me and my teammates.
    In previous years I had a "brand name" $400+ setup with separate flood & spotlight. I'd put the flood on my handlebars and the spot on my helmet, it wasn't fun with a single battery.
    With this light, I just mounted it on the bar, and the battery between my top and down tube. I kept it on "low" mode during uphills and less technical trails, and it was already more than enough. On "high" I felt like a freight train. The light is so bright it scares the slower riders out of my way.
    The flood is good enough for all but the tightest twisty trails, where you need to turn the bars to see around the corner. For 95% of the technical trails, it was ideal.
    The short cable worked well for the battery position when the light is on the handlebar. Anything longer would require some cable management, but this was perfect. Get the extension cable if you need something longer.

Bottomline:

If you ride at night, buy this. Period.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections