Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Not perfect, but still the best value.

posted by adept1 on 08/05/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The Magicshine MJ-808E is bright.
    The build quality is mostly very good.
    The battery pack mounted to my frame very nicely and stayed put.
    It looks like a quality product.
    The colored LED to indicate remaining battery capacity is nice, and also allows you to still see your bike when the light is turned off.

Cons:

Assembly wasn't perfect. The grommet for the wire wasn't fitted properly, and the screw for the mount was loose. Also, this screw should be just a little longer in my opinion. I took the mount off, fixed re-fitted the grommet, and then used a little blue Loctite on the screw.
    The mounting system is not totally secure on polished carbon bars. It would probably be better on aluminum bars with a matte finish.

OtherThoughts:

I'm going to devise a better mount for it to make it so it stays put during bumpy riding.
    Some vendors in USA sell this light with a 4-mode configuration L-M-H with the strobe mode hidden. I wish DX's was configured this way too. But to me fair, those vendors charge considering more for what's almost the same product.

Bottomline:

Even with the flaws I pointed out, I think it's still a good light and a great value. I would buy it again.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections