Customer’s impression:
Превосходно recommend buying odd
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Not perfect, but still the best value.

posted by adept1 on 08/05/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

The Magicshine MJ-808E is bright.
    The build quality is mostly very good.
    The battery pack mounted to my frame very nicely and stayed put.
    It looks like a quality product.
    The colored LED to indicate remaining battery capacity is nice, and also allows you to still see your bike when the light is turned off.

Assembly wasn't perfect. The grommet for the wire wasn't fitted properly, and the screw for the mount was loose. Also, this screw should be just a little longer in my opinion. I took the mount off, fixed re-fitted the grommet, and then used a little blue Loctite on the screw.
    The mounting system is not totally secure on polished carbon bars. It would probably be better on aluminum bars with a matte finish.

I'm going to devise a better mount for it to make it so it stays put during bumpy riding.
    Some vendors in USA sell this light with a 4-mode configuration L-M-H with the strobe mode hidden. I wish DX's was configured this way too. But to me fair, those vendors charge considering more for what's almost the same product.

Even with the flaws I pointed out, I think it's still a good light and a great value. I would buy it again.

Post comment

DX Everywhere