Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Brilliant light

posted by Brendan3357 on 03/03/2012
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Mounts easily. I routinely ride roads in complete darkness for 60 - 90 mins in winter and I run this on low for all but the fastest decents - 60+ kmh. We have coarse roads & wildlife hazards and the periferal light is more than sufficient.

Blokes I ride with paid 3 or 4 times as much for similar, sometimes as much as 6 times for lesser (Brand Name) lights.

Cons:

Battery holder is cheaply made, but not bad. Light is almost too bright. Even on low it's a lot bouncing back at you if you ride in a bunch. But we can't have the cake and eat it. This is a great light & I've other (also cheap & very good quality) bar mounted torches that I purchased from DX.com that

OtherThoughts:

I use a triathalon top-bar carrier to protect the top bar from paint damage from the straps rubbing (I'm perhaps a bit fussy), cost me $10, so no big deal.

This is a great light & I've other (also cheap & very good quality) bar mounted torches that I purchased from DX.com that I use when a lesser light is more suitable.

Bottomline:

Almost a year later I still think this is a great light at a great price. There are a few slightly cheaper ones on this site but they mostly lack the twin-strap battery pack holder, which is probably the way to go. You might need to sew the straps on, but it's well worth it.

Post comment

DX Everywhere