Customer’s impression:
для ремонта кнопок у фонарей the button of the flashlight. Quality seals
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very short glow duration!

posted by EM745 on 10/10/2007
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Direct replacement for the caps used by many of the flashlights sold here at DX. Makes for a nice contrasting color, especially on black flashlights (I actually prefer this color to orange or red).

Cons:

These things remind me of the GITD hands in my Armitron watch: bright initial glow, no stamina. Seriously, in order to get ANY kind of glow you pretty much have to shove them right into a 60W incandescent for about a minute, and even then, the you'll be lucky to get 30 seconds worth of full glow after that.

Nope, sorry, as far as GITD performance goes, it's a wash. Again, these make for a nice contrasting color setup with black flashlights, nothing more.

OtherThoughts:

These caps (as well as those in other colors), have a molded center post inside to negate the need for a spacer between the cap and the clicky switch. It's very likely that you'll have to trim a millimeter or two in order to achieve an ideal fit for your particular application. Trimming the post is actually easy: you just have to turn the cap inside out to expose the post, trim it with a straight edge cutter (careful!), and then turn it back outside in.

For the record, these will fit the UF C3 and 606A. In fact, with the 606A, it's virtually a much-have upgrade, given its mediocre "OEM" tailcap setup.

Bottomline:

Get these if you're looking to spruce up the appearance of your (black) flashlight. Just don't expect much in the way of any usable GITD performance.

Post comment

DX Everywhere