DX » Community » Reviews » Glow-in-the-Dark Silicone Tailcaps for Flashlights (14mm Green / 10-Pack)
  • 5 star 48 ( 59% )
  • 4 star 28 ( 35% )
  • 3 star 4 ( 5% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 1% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very short glow duration!

posted by EM745 on 10/10/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Direct replacement for the caps used by many of the flashlights sold here at DX. Makes for a nice contrasting color, especially on black flashlights (I actually prefer this color to orange or red).

Cons:

These things remind me of the GITD hands in my Armitron watch: bright initial glow, no stamina. Seriously, in order to get ANY kind of glow you pretty much have to shove them right into a 60W incandescent for about a minute, and even then, the you'll be lucky to get 30 seconds worth of full glow after that.

Nope, sorry, as far as GITD performance goes, it's a wash. Again, these make for a nice contrasting color setup with black flashlights, nothing more.

OtherThoughts:

These caps (as well as those in other colors), have a molded center post inside to negate the need for a spacer between the cap and the clicky switch. It's very likely that you'll have to trim a millimeter or two in order to achieve an ideal fit for your particular application. Trimming the post is actually easy: you just have to turn the cap inside out to expose the post, trim it with a straight edge cutter (careful!), and then turn it back outside in.

For the record, these will fit the UF C3 and 606A. In fact, with the 606A, it's virtually a much-have upgrade, given its mediocre "OEM" tailcap setup.

Bottomline:

Get these if you're looking to spruce up the appearance of your (black) flashlight. Just don't expect much in the way of any usable GITD performance.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections