Customer’s impression:
Bright Great price Very sturdy great flashlight
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very good flashlight

posted by kde11 on 04/28/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

- Very good build quality.
    - All 5 LEDs are _really_ connected in serial.
    - Internal switched step-up DC-DC convertor.
    - Extensible chasis tube so the flashlight can be used with either 2x or 3x 18650 batteries.
    - Quite good LED heatsink.
    - Price.

- Mode switching. I personally don't like it since mode can be switched accidentally.
    - Result current of 0.6A through LEDs (instead of 1A).

I've disassembled the flashlight and confirm these photos (made by other user):
    I've measured the result current (through LEDs) and it's 0.6A in max brightness mode (instead of 1A). So, the flashlight doesn't produce declared 1200 lumens, but it's still very bright. I don't think that it's a total con since the flashlight (I repeat) is still very bright whereas it helps to prolong LEDs' total life and battery energy.

I think this is really good flashlight - it has perfect price and it is very bright. It's possible to light up the entire room with it in a dark time (because it also emits side light). Also it produces very good light beam in the center that is capable to light up objects up to 30-50 meters away and is very noticeable even on objects at 100m distance. I'd recommend it to everybody who needs extremely bright flashlight for a great price.
    p.s. Don't forget to buy good batteries :)

Post comment

DX Everywhere