DX » Community » Reviews » Digital Audio MP3 Player Module with Remote Controller (1.5" LCD)
  • 5 star 3 ( 75% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 25% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice gadget for DIY

posted by sakis00 on 12/11/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This is a good MP3 to be used for DIY constructions for labs, cars, boats and more. I bought already two of them and I use one on my boat while the other is still in my garage on testing stage.
    It is very simple to be used and to be connected but be careful with the voltage! It works at 5 Volts and NOT at the usual 12V car battery voltage. Therefore, you must use a voltage converter in case you will use it with a car 12V battery.
    FM searching is very fast and for the antenna a 10cm wire is enough.
    Sound quality is good and it drives 10W speakers very successfully without getting hot or damaged. External amplifier can be connected as well but the soldering must be done directly on the PCB there where it is indicated.

Cons:

One should have an understanding on what and how to solder (the power, the speakers etc), in order not to damage it. The manual is of a little help as it is in Chinese only. Diagrams can be still read.
    The display could have been of better quality. It does not display folders but only the titles of the songs.
    It is funny that when it is switched on it displays "Laoding" instead of "Loading", but who cares!
    Another thing is the power consumption in sleep mode which is high. So, it is better to switch it off than to keep it in sleep mode especially if you will use it on boat.

OtherThoughts:

Again, be careful with the voltage: ONLY 5V can be used.

Bottomline:

In general it is a cool gadget to accomplish a DIY construction and it does worth the money you will spend.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections