DX » Community » Reviews » Digital Audio MP3 Player Module with Remote Controller (1.4" LCD)
  • 5 star 2 ( 40% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 40% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 20% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Useful for DIY / modding!

posted by saabie on 09/23/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Surprisingly good sound quality! Reads USB stick and SD card fast enough. FM radio is very sensitive, even with a short piece of wire as antenna. Really easy to make a home/portable audio player, after finding out the purpose of the connectors, you just have to find a suitable container, connect a random +5V supply and a pair of speakers.

Cons:

Manual only in chinese, i had to find out many functions myself. You can only play/skip mp3's one by one, cannot jump directories (Or I just didn't find it out). You can't store FM frequencies manually, only with auto search (Or can it? Please tell me how...) And auto search seems to find only stereo stations, it omits the mono FM stations, regardless of their signal strength

OtherThoughts:

I managed to turn off the alarm function after reading the discussion (remote control '0' key) but is it possible without the remote? I also found out how to switch it off to STANDBY - you have to press and hold 'Mode' button for a few seconds, and it switches to clock function.

Bottomline:

It's a very practical gadget, you can upgrade your old cassette car radio, build an alarm clock or a cheap micro-"hifi" on your own, etc...  Too bad you don't get a proper english manual for it, because i have a feeling that many useful functions remain hidden even if you try pressing buttons randomly.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections