Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bytitann on 12/23/2013

-Passes the SMART data -Small enough -Includes all the needed cables -Has both 3.5 and 2.5 IDE cables -Approx 40MB/s real transfer speed -Not usable as a USB 3.0 to SATA/IDE converter. Have tried several computers with USB 3.0. Symptoms vary from: cannot see the drive and hangs to woks fine for few seconds ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byscaev on 12/12/2013

Was able to attain a stable read speed of 100 Mb/s with SATA HDD (with large files) when connected via USB 3.0. No problems with drivers (at least in Windows 7 x64). The SATA/PATA to USB adapter as such looks rather flimsy. The power unit (which is supplied as a separate device) is quite bulky and it ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymonnier on 05/28/2012

Works well, fast enough. Both hdparm and smartctl are able to talk to the drive through this adapter, so you can control spin-down time and drive temperature. The adapter does not provide power to the SATA drive (don't know about the PATA port), so you'll need the power brick even for low-power laptop ... Read more

1 0 1

• posted bymonnier on 05/14/2012

Using this adapter in a USB2 port, I only get 20MB/s but with USB3 I got 60MB/s, which isn't too bad compared to the 70MB/s I get when the drive is connected directly via SATA. The better part is that, contrary to the previous adapters I used, this one happily lets me use smartctl and hdparm, so I can ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bymonnier on 05/07/2012

Accessing disks over USB2 was convenient but pretty slow. E.g. using this adapter in a USB2 port, I just get 20MB/s. But with USB3 I got 60MB/s, which isn't too bad compared to the 70MB/s I get when the drive is connected directly via SATA. The better part is that, contrary to the previous adapters I ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections