DX » Community » Reviews » TrustFire X8 XM-LT60 5-Mode 1000-Lumen Memory White LED Flashlight with Batteries Set (2x18650)
  • 5 star 27 ( 82% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 18% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Pretty impressive

posted by jerebear on 07/29/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

price is relatively good compared to other sources for buying lights at similar brightness and build quality.  
    +Batteries are 2700mAh
    +Charger works great
    +Quality is solid and fairly scratch resistant
    +Water resistant, possibly water proof
    +Excellent heat sinking
    +1 or 2 cell option w/ extension tube included
    +Long battery life
    +Feels well balanced in the hand
    +Comes with batteries, charger, extra glass lens, extra tail clicky part with spring, extra GITD large o-ring for head, and a small baggie of petroleum free greese all in a nice box
    +Real mode memory
    +Maintains equal brightness in 1 or 2 cells
    +/- 5 modes
    +Could very well be 1,000 lumens, or close to it

Cons:

I just want to say despite the any cons, this light is incredible and well worth getting.
    -Didnt receive a lanyard clip, so my included lanyard which is well made, is useless.
    -Non of the threads are greesed, but they give you a baggie of greese to do it yourself
    -SOS mode is useless, with it wasn't there.

OtherThoughts:

This is the first DX light ive ordered out of the 10 or so i've bought that has real mode memory; so the light will always turn back on to the last mode you left it on, starting from 1 second to infinity.  I turn it off on low mode, turn it back on tomorrow its still on low.  Doesnt change to strobe.
    I wish I had the lanyard clip, the single cell use of this light makes it very short and the lanyard would be perfect, especially since the belt clip doesnt fit when extension tube is removed.
    You can change the position of the peice that holds the clip to make it at the tail cap or in the middle of the body.

Bottomline:

Little expensive, but definetly worth it.  
    I compared this light with my $120 Olight M21 which has a high mode of 500 lumens, and that olight is maybe half the brightness.  So I would say this light IS a true 1000 lumens, or very close!  Even the low mode is bright on this light, at 200 lumens.  
    This light is a combination of flood and throw, don't worry about the light not being floody enough, it is much floodier than I expected, almost the same as a smaller orange peel reflector, but still has the smaller concentrated circle spot for throwing.  I can light up an entiire upper half of a tree from half way down my street which is about 7 houses away, but still maintains enough flood to light up my backyard at 100ft away.
    Brightest light I own, makes a mag look like crap.
    Get it!!!!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections