Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Fantastic product for Bluetooth enabled systems

posted by BomBastik on 04/07/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- Very good build quality
    - Quick charging
    - Very comfortable to type in.
    - Lit keys are excellent for presentations;
    - Nice distance range;
    - The dongle is really small and compact (which can also be a problem, see below)
    - The USB dongle that comes with the keyboard is a standard Bluetooth dongle, so it can be used for other purposes apart from connection to the keyboard (I used it to sync my Nokia on a PC that didn't have Bluetooth).... So that's easliy worth $3 since a BT USB dongle has that minimum cost.

Cons:

- Since it's bluetooth it relies on a bluetooth stack of the system where you hook it up to to set-up the pairing... If the system doesn't support bluetooth then THIS IS NOT THE KEYBOARD YOU WANT!
    - The dongle is really small and compact, be careful where you hook it up... I had to carefully remove it using some pliers from my Xbox360 because the USB slots are recessed in the chassis of the Xbox, so I couldn't get a grip using my fingers.
    - No F9-F12
    - The pairing with the Nokia was sometimes lost when I didn't use the keyboard for a long time and decided to use it. The keyboard would not connect sucessfully to the Nokia so I had to redo the pairing process. This is probably a software fault in the .SIS Nokia package that comes with the keyboard.

OtherThoughts:

- Bought it to use it with my Xbox360 and my Wii, but being able to use it in my PC and my Nokia was definitively a plus.
    - Did not work with the Xbox OR the Wii because neither implement a bluetooth stack! This was my fault for having wishful thoughts, it's not the product fault.
    - Did work flawlessly on the PC and the Nokia though :)
    - Still Riitek DOES advertise that it is work with PS3/Xbox360/Wii which is FALSE. It works with the PS3, only the normal RF USB version works with all three.
    - Ended up reselling it to someone that was going to use it in a PC, so I could buy the standard RF USB version.

Bottomline:

Just like the title says.... Perfect for bluetooth enabled systems.
    If you're not sure that your system implements a full bluetooth stack for pairing, then look for a normal RF keyboard instead of this one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections