Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellent card reader for the price (fast!)

posted by diredesire on 09/08/2008
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Completely integrated design ( no need to plug in a cable)

Plug and play

USB 2.0 (FAST transfer speeds, much better than other readers on DX)

Supposedly this uses the: Realtek RTS5158 which is one of the faster/fastest rated at this site:

http://www.hjreggel.net/cardspeed/

I haven't been able to pop the top on this card reader and visually verify, but the USBID.exe utility confirmed the ID. This card reader KILLS the other readers I've ordered from DX. Many of which use the AU6371 chip, which is another supposedly very fast chip.

Cons:

The footprint is a little bit bigger than I usually like, but the quality is excellent. The build is all plastic, but i have lots of confidence in the durability of this device.

OtherThoughts:

I didn't think I'd like the integraetd design (with the cable), but it has turned out to be very handy! I've tossed it in my bag and it has saved me on a few occasions (SD/CF). I use this reader primarily to read CF cards from my dSLR, and it has done very well. Very quick response times, I haven't bothered to check the actual transfer speeds since it has never seemed slower than estimated (which is awesome!). It's a little bit big, but it WORKS. I've ordered SEVERAL small USB card readers from DX, and they've disappointed for the most part.

Bottomline:

Great card reader for the price. A little bit big, but unless you need ultimate portability, this is one of the best on DX so far.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections