DX » Community » Reviews » G4 2.2W 48-60 Lumen 12 x 5050 SMD LED Car Warm White Light Bulb (12V)
  • 5 star 3 ( 38% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 62% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very Good for Kitchen Lights

posted by immetjes on 05/06/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Relative warm colour. warmer than SKU 51269 LED G4 Lights.

Use much less electricity than G4 10W Halogen

Cons:

A bit more expensive then other G4 LED lights. According specification they use slightly more power. Larger diameter than for example SKU 51269, I had to remove the reflectors (not a big deal though).

OtherThoughts:

I tried SKU 51269 108 Lumen LED lights to replace my halogen G4 10W lights. These were too bright and too blueish, the kitchen looked like a bit like there where fluorescent tubes installed, not bad but also not comfortable. These SKU 58298 LEDs are much better and are perfect (in my opinion) to place underneath kitchen cupboards.

I use four (4) of them driven by a 12V 1,5A max. 18 Watt (min. 0W) IP67 transformer.

Bare in mind that when you replace the G4 halogens by LEDs you loose the typical spot light of the halogen (+reflector). This is replaced by a more gradient type of light, which I actually like more.

Bottomline:

Very good and warm colour. Not too bright, perfect for the kitchen. I have also upped a picture of my kitchen with these LEDs. I have tried to equal the luminance level of the kitchen as I see it with the picture.

I'm not sure about durability, but the lights looked ok.

(I'm Dutch by the way).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections