Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• use your imagination-MANY uses

posted by heavyguns31 on 09/26/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I must have bought a dozen of these things at least. You can pay big bucks in the USA for rails from alot of company's or use these and your imagination. I have mounted lights,lasers and scopes on many firearms with this item. On keltecs-hk mp5's-m4's-ak-47's and uzi's. I'll tell ya my favorite story and where I saved the most $$. I used these to mount a light on 2 uzi's and made scope mounts for the same 2 uzi's. For the light i sanded the front drip serations on the right side flat so the rail would sit flat. Got longer screws and my drill and in 15 mins I had a mount for a tactical light on an uzi. Cost less than 5$, my alternative was to pay well over a 100$ for a factory built mount:( no thanks...now the scope..anybody who knows uzi's knows the charging handle is on top. SoI used 2 plastic spacers from local hardware to raise the rail high enough to clear the charging handle. Again longer screws which you will have to loctite and grind off on the inside of the top cover to allow the bolt to move.I also used brass inset nuts in stead of regular nuts because it has to be clear of the bolt internally. So 3$ at the hardware, 3.90$ for the rail and 30 mins with a drill and some locktite and I had a scope mount on an uzi. Price for usa made uzi scope mount???.....227$!!! saved huge cash. Get a couple and start thinkin, you'll find a way.

Cons:

None really. occasionally some accesories will fit a bit loosely on the rail depending on how they they are attached. Thats sumtimes when the accesory is held on with a spring loaded locking device. Anything with screws will tighten right up. Oddly enough that was with a chinese copy of an m6 tactical illuminator. Still held on well just a tad bit of play to it

OtherThoughts:

The skys the limit with this. If you ever read any of my flashlight posts you know how much I believe in having a light on a gun.

Bottomline:

Buy some......

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections