Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great little HTPC / Carputer keyboard

posted by 5chars on 12/04/2011
    5 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Pleasantly surprised when I received the keyboard. I had purchased a previous handheld kybd/mouse and never realized it was missing keys (TAB among others), This one has all the keys you would use on a regular sized keyboard (except PAUSE and CAPSLOCK).

On a full charge it will last about 3 days, then the orange backlight will blink to let you know the battery is low. The included USB cable CAN charge and power the keyboard at the same time if you forget to charge it the night before.

The power switch can be turned off to conserve battery, and you still can use the laser pointer with the keyboard turned off.

When you turn on the power switch, it doesn't take more than half a second to re-establiish a connection with the dongle. Also, if you move the kybd/dongle to another computer they remain paired.

When you enable the backlight, it will light up when you press a key or touch the trackpad.

You can TAP AND DRAG.

It's surprisingly easy to type on even with large hands, though I find typing on a Blackberry phone a bit easier as the buttons are closer together.

It DOES work in PC BIOS, DOS, Windows, OSX, MacMini, MacBook Pro.

The WINDOWS button will work like the COMMAND button on OSX.

Cons:

The mini usb port is to recharge the battery only, you can NOT use it as a wired keyboard.

The four blue leds in the top left corner are a bit bright, I just hold my thumb over them when using the keyboard.

There is no accelerometer in it, so when holding it vertical the scroll pad is still for vertical scrolling.

The included usb cable is a thinner than I would have preferred it to be.

The plastic housing it a tad on the thin side, making it feel like it might break/crack easily if dropped.

You can NOT send ALT+F4 or CTRL+F4 to the computer (you can send something like CTRL+C though). This is due to the fact that the functions keys (F1 - F12) use the 'Fn' + digit buttons. So it would be like pressing three buttons at the same time which it doesn't like.

OtherThoughts:

It's not really a $36 USD keyboard, more like a $24 USD one.

Bottomline:

Getting ready to buy second one

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections