Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byashi1 on 05/27/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:It is cheap and it works. Plug and play in Windows 7. Windows automatically downloads the drivers from the internet with Windows Update. Automatically assigned it as COM3 for me. I don't know why it's COM3 but as long as it works it doesn't matter. Cons:The included USB... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypayanek on 04/25/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Easy to use under linux OS (plug & play) (that is what I needed) Provides virtual com interface - easy to use with putty/minicom. Cons:Little struggling with windows driver, but no problem either Little bit loosy plastic cover. Electronic can be lost, when one is no... Read more

0 0
  • posted byr2d2m2 on 03/30/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Works stable with Windows XP or older. Indispensable for connecting newer PCs with older devices with RS232 interface. Lightweight. Decent build quality - not spectacular, but good enough for what it is. Cons:I could not get it to work with Windows 7. The cabl... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzsmolnar on 01/13/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Well built, and easy to use. Works well under different operating system (WIndows, OSX, Linux as well). Im using this adapter to communicate with network equipment with serial management port (like MICROTIK routers) through terminal. Peace of cake :) Cons:The case is bu... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylagman67 on 12/24/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It's cheap. It's simple to use. Lookslike it's plug and play under windows seven. Cons:The plastic casing fell off when I plugged it the first time. It turned out to be badly glued. Once the plastic case was removed I discovered the mess. I never saw a soldering job that... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysonnox on 11/20/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:this is the second time I am buying a punch of these dongles. Does the job, quite sturdy. Dont expect too much due to the price. The one thing I like about this was that win7 just pick it up and able to look up drivers through the internet. no need to use the... Read more

0 0
  • posted byigor86u on 10/07/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Cheap and very usefulness , working, nice to have a CD and cable for it's price. worked at first time. Cons:Low quality building, USB connection on PCB can be damaged easliy if not taking in care, better to connect through cable than direct PC-USB connection.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrtusset on 05/31/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Cheap; - Good quality; - Works; - Good finish; - Packaging that accompanies the product is very good; - Came with the cd driver for installation Cons:- None, really a great product. OtherThoughts:My computer did not have this port. He needed her to be able to update a... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMenelao on 05/02/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Mainly it works properly on Win7 32 and 64 bit Microwin 32 and PC-PPI cable. The driver installed without any kind of problem and the device creates a virtual serial port totally works. Microwin Configured on that port and communications work without problem. Also works o... Read more

1 0
  • posted byimotakan on 04/16/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:Very happy with this since my other usb to serial was not working on windows 8 i bought this one. happy to find out it was just plug and play, did not even install the drivers that came on the disc. - Works on windows 8 - Plug and Play Cons:the disc are full of drivers fo... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections