• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good value but not rechargeable

posted by Ricnz on 07/16/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This was purchased due to small size and "rechargeable" indicating it could be used standalone.

The device does a great job and holds tracks, speed and position data when disconnected from power source. As noted it stops logging without power.

Once satellite seen the green LED starts flashing. Supplied software was simple to install (windows XP & Windows 7) and gave useful results. Tracks can be saved on computer and device tracking behavior easily set with same software.

Cons:

Not rechargeable .. it will not log without external power.

Satellite signals take a while to acquire first time (up to 30 + minutes) and if powered on in a new location some distance from when last used.

This behavior seems however to be consistent with most gps devices so not unexpected.

OtherThoughts:

Perhaps rechargeable actually refers to the charging of an internal memory battery rather than full function.

Took a while to receive this item but it was worth the wait :-)

Bottomline:

This does 90% of what I was looking for. Standalone operation would have been nice but have to admit I would have been surprised if that possible in such a small sized unit. External battery options will give me that function. Best value for money for this size and function

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections