Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Mostly what you would expect

posted by Thyra on 12/31/2008
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Rated temperature -20 .. +120ºC

Stackable. Has areas for labels.

Useful* inside dimensions: 40 x 100 x 60 mm

Outside dimensions: 50 x 120 x 83 mm

*container has rounded corners, I measure as if I wanted to put a box inside so it has to be a little smaller to fit.

Cons:

The labels (on the lid of the container) are hard to remove. I used a hair drier to soften the glue, then I could pull them off. The remaining glue would not come off with hot water and soap, so I had to use UHU label remover which worked great, no damage done to the container. I can imagine that people with little time avoid this product just because of the labels, so I recommend they be packed in plastic before the labels get applied.

There were sharp tips from the molding process in the center of the lid and the center of the bottom, both on the outside of the container. A circular burr is inside the container, center of bottom, with small plastic particles coming off easily. After rework with a knife, the container is quite OK.

OtherThoughts:

The material is not as soft as I expected. The lid does not lock, it is a press fit. Still it fits well and does contain water inside.

Bottomline:

For storing small parts such as bolts I can recommend it, for food it should receive some rework with a knife before use. Depending on what you pay locally for such boxes, this could be a good deal or not.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections