DX » Community » Reviews » High Power 3000mW 802.11b/g/n 150Mbps USB 2.0 Wireless Network Adapter w/ 18dBi Directional Antenna
  • 5 star 3 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 40% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works as stated

posted by Kooster on 10/11/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Easy to connect and Windows XP and Windows 7 detects it immediately.

Cons:

Driver that comes with DOES NOT WORK. The other reviews regarding driver from ArgTek site and RalinkTech site is bang on. You will need those drivers for the 3070. Worked perfect on first try on XP but as found along with others through Internet often will not work with Windows 7 unless you uninstall and reinstall your FIREWALL after you have properly installed all Ralink 3070 software (which is the chipset in this as with many others).

OtherThoughts:

I purchased it and shipped to Canada. It does pick up a little more than the built in wireless setup in a Toshiba laptop. Has standard detachable antenna, will experiment with a better one when I have researched a few more well reviewed antennas.

Bottomline:

You get a USB wireless receiver setup that I have now tested and made work with XP and Win 7. Reasonable price. Fast shipping. I was always happy with DealExtreme and I have found they ship faster than ever now.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections