Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- the part has a CMedia CM119 controller inside (see "other thoughts" what it is good for)
- works as expected with no problems
- output sound quality is ok
- 16 bit input ADC resolution
- only mono input (as expected)
- no user manuel included, but it's simple to use it
- no 7.1, but who expects this at this price.
I bought this one to build a digital storage oscilloscope.
Freeware can e.g. be found under the name "zeitnitz", which is a fine program!
The CM119 inside has, unlike most other soundcard controllers, no digital highpass inside, which means that it can measure also DC, if the input capacitor is removed (can be found easily on the PCBoard).
Then it works on your computer with a bandwidth of app.15kHz, which is enough for many purposes of DIY electronics.
The "Zeitnitz" tool also adds a two channel signal generator and FFT function!
Great for DIY purposes, but also works good as a simple soundcard^^
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.