DX » Community » Reviews » Red Laser Module - Focusable Dot (3.5V~4.5V 11.89mm 5mW)
  • 5 star 54 ( 73% )
  • 4 star 18 ( 24% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjk87 on 02/03/2014

- simple laser pointer - easy to use (just put +/- on battery) - price/performance ratio - focusing few cm to infinity - very good housing for use in DIY projects - maybe larger focus range? - mabybe stronger laser? :) Its possible to use housing for stronger laser like DVDRW laser to buring in wood, plastic, etc. Ill take some photos for better idea.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byyuriav on 01/24/2014

This is a much brighter laser pointer module than you would get elsewhere. Perfect for my application. Has adjustable focus, which lets you make the laser dot a bit larger if you need to. Works directly off a 5 volt source. I haven't taken it apart to see if it has a current limiting circuit, but I don't need to do that for my application. It's a little ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymarcelo123 on 05/19/2013

The laser can be focused to produce a dot. Mine work fine with 5v from de Arduino ( mine : arduino nano 3.0 ) without any resistence. The focus is made of plastic but works very well. I have focused it to 15 meters. none The body of the laser is made of steel. It seems solid. The cables are 15cm long. perfect for proyects with your arduino. Example ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRacerWZ on 05/14/2013

A great toy for the money. Outstanding build quality. Beautifully polished. It is possible to control the collimator. I set it to the desired location (grenade launcher in pistol), adjusted to the desired range collimator (30-50 m), shut it in casing and everything works. Very low power consumption (at 3.66 VDC - 15.4 mA DC). It can be seen far away.... Read more

3.66V -- 15.4mA Good dot Small pack On A4
    1 0
  • posted bycraigoT on 05/07/2013

-Nice construction -Bright for my purposes which includes timing equipment experimentation. -Dealextreme indicated on the customs declaration the item as a "Red Laser Pointer" where it should have been noted as a "laser module or laser component". "Hand-held laser pointers" will get caught up in customs in Australia and ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymaro220 on 04/27/2013

Good price, small size, easy to tear apart. It's a perfect host for any 5mm laser diode, you can pick up any PHR, long open can red, or any diode you want, rip off the old 5mW diode and put your one there. focusing is good, acrilic lenses doesn't look to be AR coated, so even on a 405nm laser you would lose just a 20% of the power due to acrylic transmittance.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfabio1964 on 02/14/2013

Pros: - Seems well built, and very bright for is stated 5mw output, which suggests it may be doing even more. - Small, and I mean quite small. it is a lot smaller than I had expected it to be. - No power fluctuations. - Adjustable focus. - Reasonable price. Cons: - Could be a little cheaper. - Was backordered for quite some time. - Easy to kill the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjbriggs on 01/28/2013

It is fairly cheap and all I wanted was the module. It is fairly bright, for a 5mW, in the dark. I even powered it straight from an Arduino pin without any problems so far I had one where the focus ring kept falling off when I would try to adjust the focus. It's not round, more like a rectangle I bought these with the intention of replacing the diode ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byShpaget on 12/08/2012

It is fairly cheap. Focus ring is decent enough and works. I was able to focus to a dot of around 1 cm in diameter at ten meters. It is bright in the dark. Can be powered and controlled straight from the Arduino. It looks rather cheap. Shipping took around a month, as with most other products ordered from DX. It's not an issue form me, but if you need ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJiancheng on 08/26/2012

Easy to use. Easy to focus. Cheap. Used for many months. Small size. Runs cool. Casing is a little wobbily. Feels cheap. Used as part of a reflectivity sensor. Power output seems to be rather stable. For folks in singapore, the lasers' power rating is also the maximum permissable without a license. Item may be detained but will be released if you make ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections