Customer’s impression:
good Great product Average Great laser.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• cool little module

posted by foulmist on 04/05/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

good quality build

dense and strong metal

good lens

easy to operate focusing ring

good quality laser diode inside (althoug i broke mine i the extraction process)

good driver inside can be saved for low power diodes :)

Cons:

first there is a lot of silicone inside all over the driver and the inner shell... getting the module unscrewed wasn't that easy.. first i had to heat it up with my hairdryer for 5 minutes, then i unscrewed it by hand with a little force... do not use pliers or wrenches ... heat it up and use hands you don't damage anything that way :)... then i wanted to extract the diode (nooo sir not an easy task at all) i was pushing it out with a tiny screwdriver i tried to pull it out by lifting the diode from the back side with tweezers still didn't work.. so finally i had to hammer the diode out .. unfortunately that broke it but it didn't come out easy even then... i guess mine couldn't be saved at all. :( it was a good red laser low power diode better than those laser pointers you buy for a buck... ok so extraction was hard.. putting the new diode inside wasn't that easy ... i had to grind the inner ring where the diodes rests in order to get a good full fit otherwise it wouldn't go all the way in even with a vice but i did it anyway :)

OtherThoughts:

i build my custom driver to drive my new long open can laser diode at ~420mA and with the lens it's good for burning stuff... but i suspect that this lens is somewhat limiting my output because it has a small opening at the back ... guess i will buy the other sku with back open lens to see if there is any difference :)

Bottomline:

except for the opening process and tons of silicon inside (see pictures it's pretty hard to clean i used acetone to soften it a little and then brushed clean it with a toothbrush) .... it's a good quality product which i highly recommend as an alternative to the Aixiz module

Post comment

DX Everywhere