DX » Community » Reviews » Red Laser Module - Focusable Dot (3.5V~4.5V 11.89mm 5mW)
Customer’s impression:
good Great product Average Great laser.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byfabio1964 on 02/14/2013

Pros: - Seems well built, and very bright for is stated 5mw output, which suggests it may be doing even more. - Small, and I mean quite small. it is a lot smaller than I had expected it to be. - No power fluctuations. - Adjustable focus. - Reasonable price. Cons: - Could be a little cheaper. - -... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted byjbriggs on 01/28/2013

It is fairly cheap and all I wanted was the module. It is fairly bright, for a 5mW, in the dark. I even powered it straight from an Arduino pin without any problems so far I had one where the focus ring kept falling off when I would try to adjust the focus. It's not round, more like a rectangle I... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted byDazzzer on 02/16/2011

A good laser pointer with a NICE lens. You can reach a long distance. With the lens you can make your laserpoint sharper at every distance. This is also great for a home project. Change the diode and it will work fine. Only 5mW but it that is what you pay for. The guidelines aren't that long. for... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted bydavx80 on 10/13/2010

- Good build quality - Based on aixiz module - Focusable - Excellent for DIY - quite cheap - Plastic lens - Not so easy to unmount If you want to use it with powerful diode. you have to consider an hard work to unmount the module and extract the 5 mw diode. Otherwhise you can do it in 5 minutes 5... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted bymatej92 on 12/17/2009

-Focusable -Easy to remove 5mW diode and replace it with one from DVD burner -Very good price -The 5mW diode is also good, if you want to build a robot equipped with a laser (it is cool when you combine it with Mindstorms NXT kit) -It is hard to clean lens if it gets dirty -The spring scratches a... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted byMoowChair on 04/11/2009

I'ts really easy to focuse! The threads are small ect. Its really bright when compared to my other red laser pointers, which probably are 1> mW lasers. Its a nice host for a red 50-200 mW DVD burner laser diode. when you unfocus the dot into a big red circle, you can see that the is really the... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted byAndrea87 on 01/29/2009

Good price, small size, easy to tear apart. It's a perfect host for any 5mm laser diode, you can pick up any PHR, long open can red, or any diode you want, rip off the old 5mW diode and put your one there. focusing is good, acrilic lenses doesn't look to be AR coated, so even on a 405nm laser you... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted byJonwm on 10/30/2008

This laser got a great housing It is cheap. Easy to reassemble. Got a great beem. The diode is glued on to the housing so it is incrdeible hard to get it out without destroying the laser diode. I had to use a hammer and a screwdriver to pound it out of its hole. It is impossible to get it out the... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted byavester on 10/25/2008

It works just fine You can adjust the beam Quite bright for a cheap red laser You can easily remove the module and replace it with your own (You might have to break the circuit board of the 5mW one that is mounted) Long wires Small size Threads seem to be good (At this price point they often the... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted bydimeybage on 06/24/2008

good build, excluding focus bit. says 7mw on the module. it has a wavelength of 650nm. the focu knob cannot screw on straight. its on an angle and the silver bit on the end falls of just as you get it focus, which unfocuses it again. il glue this on... all this contributes to it being hard to i a... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

DX Everywhere