DX » Community » Reviews » Vintage Cross Fire Cosplay 420 Steel Axe with Sheath - Black
  • 5 star 23 ( 82% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 18% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not A Toy,Very Sharp

posted by davoz on 06/09/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This item is definitely not a toy for the little boys.

Has a very comfortable grip and came extremely sharp from the package(sharp enough to shave hair off my arm).

Has just enough weight behind it to make it an ideal campsite Axe.

I had no problem chopping through small green saplings of around 1 1/2 - 2 inches in diameter with one hit(at 45 degrees).

I bought this for my son as a present.

His way of looking at it was it must be for throwing,as such he spent a bit of time lobbing it at a target.

After all the punishment he gave it it looked as if it had just arrived,even the handle was tight after repeated bangs into the target(handle and backside first mostly)

Cons:

I can say very honestly that it was thoroughly abused with no faults at all.

If there is any con it might be that it can be hard to see if your son throws it at a target and misses as the black steel and cammo pattern handle make it a little hard to find

OtherThoughts:

I bought it for the novelty for my son but now I wish I had another for myself.

very strange look and design which works a lot better in practice than pictures can describe.

Blade is fine enough to use as a knife in some situations.

Bottomline:

A great item for the price.

No problems getting it to Australia,only took 2 weeks!!!

Would definitely recommend this item.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections