Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Form and Function

posted by brydouken on 07/02/2012
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

The build quality is great, as stated by others. And even though it is pricey for a DX item, I believe this i because of the use of 420 steel, which is generally a good blade metal. The axe came extremely sharp, due to the obtuse bevel it was sharpened with, meaning that for cutting brush and food, it wil maintain a hard and sharp edge. The sheathe that comes with it is also very nice, and hangs from the belt without getting in the way.

Cons:

Not so much cons, but I believe many people will buy this item and view their improper use of the item as a con.
    First off, its a hatchet. Its not big. This is for small work, like cutting vegetation and food, basically anything you'd use a machete for. You will not be easily cutting down a tree with this, as that is not its intended use.
    The only thing that I'm not 100% satisfied with is the snaps on the sheathe, which get in the way of actually sheathing the tool. One of them also snapped off eventually. Even though, it still works and doesn't expose the blade, so its not a big deal to me.

OtherThoughts:

Its not a weapon, toy, or heavy tool.
    Don't buy it with the intention of using it as such.

Bottomline:

Buy it if you like bushcraft and want something lighter, sharper and more interesting looking than a conventional hatchet. Worth every penny. Maintain it well, and it will stay strong and sharp. I've had mine for over a year and its just as good as the day I bought it (And I've used it a lot!)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections