DX » Community » Reviews » FW50 Compatible 7.2V 1020mAh Replacement Battery Pack for Sony NEX-5C/NEX-3CV/A55/A33
  • 5 star 19 ( 95% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 5% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nearly as good as original

posted by josemanuel on 10/09/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

At a lower price, performance is only slightly lower than original, 96% in my tests.

The battery weights as the original, not like others sold even here in dealextreme, and it lasts the same; others cheaper last halve.

Cons:

Sometimes the charge reading that the camera does seem to work strange, although the total time is similar to original, percentage reading is not accurate, when fully charged it lasts at 100% for a long time, but when less than 50% it goes down too quick.

I think this is a problem of using this battery and the original when discharged, the camera does not calibrate properly in this way.

OtherThoughts:

Anyway I think it is a little overpriced, closer to 10$ would be more reasonable, as you can pay halve or even less for the cheaper ones, that look similar to this, but with only one cell instead of 2.

Bottomline:

It is nearly as good as sony, but at a fraction of the price.

Pisen makes the best alternative batteries I know.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections