There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• 5 different Cree Dropins compared

posted by Happyguy on 05/23/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Well it's time for me to write a report for those, who might be interested. Find the results of this comparison in the section Other Thoughts.

- Very bright !!!

- Very handy in size

- Very nice looking

- Powerful all-in-one Flashlight for short usage time!

Cons:

- Wow, bad temperature management - it is really getting HOT after three minutes of working time. I have a very bad feeling if I let this little friend burn more than five minutes.

- Getts even hotter if you just let it burn without holding it in your hand and cooling it by this.

- One bad point: The reverse clicky has a bad quality. It is very hard to use, I even thought to replace it.

OtherThoughts:

So here my great comparison between 5 different Cree emitters. I will list them in the order of the brightness as far as I can tell:

1. Cree R2

2. Ultrafire WF-602D

3. Ultrafire WF-505B

4. Ultrafire WF-502B

5. SKU 11810

My suggestion if you are only interested in the Cree emitter is: Go for the Ultrafire WF-602D. As a bonus you have the nice WF-602D Flashlight body after disassembling it.

Bottomline:

The temperature issue is naturally caused by the little metal body surrounding the flashlight. So the passive cooling part is not enough to guarantee a cool running flashlight. A question rises for me: Does such a hot running flashlight have an effect on the Li-Ion battery? Hmm, I have to investigate that for security reasons!!!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections