DX » Community » Reviews » PC CPU Cooling Fan Speed Controller (Rear PCI Mount)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bynikoladd on 09/27/2011

- it does work. - the knob is good looking and large. - it's a bit too expensive for what it is. - the knob is a bit too large and you may need to remove it before installing in the computer case. I think that for such a basic item there is not much to say to fill 500 characters per think that a... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted byAxeia on 08/27/2011

+ even cheaper than a zalman fanmate! + I really like the knob, from a few cm away it looks really well finished - Very weak, only handles up to 0.12A, don't daisy chain anything to this! Might want to look up what your fan needs before you order it as a lot of fans bigger than 80mm will burn is... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted byk3bab on 11/22/2009

- Price - Easy to connect. Just plug it between the fan output and fan. - One of the shrink tube wasn't mounted right. One of the soldering points were clear open. - The knob was a little bit huge, so I had to remove it temporary to be able to install the controller. I bought this for my server I... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted byGraafG on 02/17/2009

Very cheap easy to install, easy to use. 80x80 fans best choice for this fan controller. I have an industrial server @home to much noise i thought i put this fan controller in it NO WAY i connected the fan controller turned on the server smoke out of the fan controller. Although for stock 80x80 a... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted byeleman on 12/04/2008

* Really cheap. It wouldn't get much cheaper if you manually cut a fan power cable in two and attached a power resistor in the middle, which by the way, would not give you a speed controller. * Easy to install and use (except the part you reach out to the back of the case. Beware, the description... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted bygooddealskiwi1 on 11/17/2008

* It fits snuggly into a PCI slot * Can change the speed of any 3 pin fan * It has a hole in it which can be used to make a baybus. * If you take it apart, you get 2 3 pin connectors (male and female) a variable resistor and the backplate * WILL NOT WORK FOR 4 PIN FANS! * It has branding on it *... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted bydealer33 on 08/25/2008

This controls the speed of the fan, if you want a silent pc you can make your fans run slower with this. Then when you for example play a game you can easily turn up the fan speed for better cooling. You have to select the fan speed from the back of your pc, sometimes it can be hard to reach This... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted byjaydee999 on 06/10/2008

Good build quality. Some of these plates can be very thin and bendable, even on expensive graphics card. This is relatively thick, and wont' bend.Cables are long enough to reach the fans. Struggling to find one. Not sure why it is blue. Some anal people probably like even their backplates to all... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted byarvind on 03/25/2008

+ Very cheap! + Range of voltage is 7V to 11.6V + Effective way to decrease the noise levels in your computer. - Does not fit very well in the PCI slot. - Have to remove the knob so that you can insert it into your casing. - Not a front bay mount as advertised, but rather a rear PCI mount Seems a... Read more

0 0

ViewMore Hide

• posted bymakfelix on 01/24/2008

Does what it's supposed to. Simple design. Could just be my case, but the dial does not actually fit through my case. Didn't expect this product to not fit in my case, but if it did, it would be a great product Make sure it fits in your case, and if it does, it's a fantastic item from DX

0 0

ViewMore Hide

DX Everywhere