DX » Community » Reviews » LodeStar De-soldering Wire (1.5m x 2.5mm)
  • 5 star 3 ( 38% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 12% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byomnismart on 06/02/2013

The solder wick actually surprised me for its effectiveness. Solder adheres easilly even without using additional flux. It came neatly and cleanly packaged. Great value for price. Nothing worth notice. If I had to mention something negative, I'd say that the solder wick is slightly flimsy and may tend to deform when pressed by the soldering tip. However ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygeri303 on 08/21/2011

Easy to use. Nice package, you can close it back when you finished work with it. Really cheap. You can remove solder from pcb, maybe you need some flux. Fast shipping, on stock! Very long lifetime if you use only for your hobby. Nothing special, works fine. If you like electronic, you need it. You can repair old pcbs easyer. Good product for this price.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhahihula on 05/22/2011

I works great. I was really surprised how much solder it can consume and is really small and really cheap. For me it is best buy. It contains no flux and if you heat it for long time it sticks to the package and little bit stinks. ;-) If you have some old pcb's or old computer boards try to count. Probably the salvaged parts will be much more wort of ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzmeister on 05/14/2011

-It does the job. I could remove solder without any problems. -It's very cheap. A similar de-soldering wire in my country is much more costly. -1,5m lasts a long time for a hobby user like myself. The wire does feel a little stiff and it doesn't contain any flux. For this price it doesn't matter though. The copper-wire gets very hot, don't hold too ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylukasandrysik on 03/15/2011

--> Very cheap stuff -->Becomes very handy if you need to remove solder from PCB for example whan you changing components. -->good packing which keeps it dust and dirt free. -->Does not contain flux - the best way is to cover small piece of this with flux using your soldering iron just before you want to use it. -->The copper wires could be thinner ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byEvent_Horizon on 06/03/2008

- Does what is supposed to. It sucks up solder. - Very good price. The stuff I use at school is 20 times more expensive and only works marginally better. - Doesn't appear to contain any flux. The best way to use this is to put some flux down on the solder you are going to remove, then place this wire ontop of the solder, then place your iron on top ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCarnath on 09/20/2007

- Good price - Will last a long time! none so far Good product, a great deal! Read more

0 0
  • posted byBudget on 08/18/2007

Good price for copper braid. One and a half meters will last a good while. Braid is a little stiff. Just the thing to clean up PCB to replace components. Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections