Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• A good product

posted by SP777 on 08/05/2011
    6 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

1. Low price.
    2. Wide dynamic range: good picture both under bright sunlight and in the night with IR illumination.
    3. Night vision distance at least 8-10 m.
    4. Black housing doesn't attract attention.
    5. Ball mount: the camera can be freely rotated and tilted in all directions.

Cons:

1. The colors are quite pale, approximately half of the natural color saturation.
    2. The IR illumination angle is narrower than the cam's field of view. In the night you've got bright circle in the center and dark corners.
    3. The IR illumination already turns on when still there is enough natural light, this distorts colors.
    4. IR diodes are visible at night as bright red dots, which attract attention.

OtherThoughts:

1. The pcb of the camera already has all wiring for the microphone. I just added the microphone itself, a transistor and two capacitors. So now I have video with sound.
    2. The camera has standard M12 lens, so I changed the default 3.6 mm lens to a wider angle 2.5 mm. Still the housing of the camera is out of the field of view, thats good.

Bottomline:

A good product for its price, but could easily be better if the designers would have done their job well.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections