Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bywampyrick on 05/09/2014

Its easy to assemble, it comes with a screwdriver and more screws than you'll need (in case you lose some), its very light and works fine (ir your USB has no enought power, there's a double cable included :) Some HD may get a little loose inside (mine were ok). I recommend the use of some kind of rubber that could be included in the box or a soft (thick)... Read more

0 0
  • posted byEmpirey on 09/30/2013

- The product it's solid, good construction, good quality, it's the best way if you want to use a hard disk from a laptop. - Very easy to assemble - Plug and Play. You don't need other drivers. - Run with Windows 7 and Windows 8 without problems. It's takes only 1-2 seconds to view my hard disk - Aluminium casing is robust and good looking - The cables ... Read more

Picture 1 Picture 2 Picture 3 Unboxing 2.5-inch HDD-Enclosure
    0 0
  • posted byKabukiJoo on 09/11/2013

• Very strong enclosure. • The price is awesome. • Great for rescuing important files from those old IDE drives. • Perfect of running live linux distros on any PC on the fly • Plug & play, no drivers needed • USB 2.0 - nice and fast • The duel socket cable allows you to run it on older computers and laptops with USB 1.0 ports Does not come with ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTheborg72 on 08/01/2013

I got hooked on the design and it works well, will continue to order this model, it is recommended to backup or just to have extra disk I do not understand them dual cables. Your computer may have trouble understanding the disk would like to have more color options. Otherwise, I'm so happy as I can be a junior it to others looking for a way to use old ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfran82 on 07/04/2013

This case is more robust than other more cheaper and flimsy cases. I tried to bend the case and it was impossible. Also is bigger/longer than the cheap ones. The hard disk can be secured with 4 screws. It includes a small phillips screwdriver. It works perfectly on any 2.5 SATA harddisk. It has a LED to show data transfer (single color led). It has ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byotavioamcamargo on 06/20/2013

- The item is very compact - Do not heat - Is very cheap when you compare to other goog quality products - it do not use an external power supply, just uses the usb power. - The cover should be fixed by a button or something like that, just it. - I have installed ubuntu in the Hd and I boot every time from this external drive and have no problems. -... Read more

Item in the case item mounted
    0 0
  • posted byMattttie on 10/04/2012

- The casing is solid, nothing to say about this! - a Y usb splitter when the drive has not enough power is in the box. - straight forword to install the hard disk, nothing to worry about. - does what it has to do - no drivers needed! - nothing? :-) - the leather case provided is not that good... but hey, what do you want for the price, and the case ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrioachim on 08/13/2012

- it worked for more than a year. I have previously bought http://dx.com/p/9478 and that one did not last - the wire is durable - the heat dissipation is ok - all wires come with an extra USB plub for extra current supply. I never used it, for me it works by plugging just one of the USB plugs - I do not like the 2 screws that tighten inside the plastic.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysjev1 on 10/15/2011

Cheap, small form factor. Aluminium casing is robust and good looking. The package includes all you need, even a screw driver. Normally you would encounter a mini-usb on the drive. This one has the same type of usb port as the pc, so youl always need to carry the supplied cable with you. Build quality could be better, the drive fits loosely inside the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byangrysausagedog on 06/28/2011

• Very strong enclosure. • The price is awesome. • Great for rescuing important files from those old IDE drives. • Perfect of running live linux distros on any PC on the fly • Plug & play, no drivers needed • USB 2.0 - nice and fast • The duel socket cable allows you to run it on older computers and laptops with USB 1.0 ports (I actually plug the ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections