Customer’s impression:
Very good
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Mine turns on, but not off again - Help?

posted by ProE_Pro on 08/02/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I'm assuming that once it is set up properly, the item should work as advertised. Remote build quality is excellent, electronics box is so-so, but seems ok. Range seems to be excellent, and price is good too. I'm in the US with 110VAC power.

Cons:

My remote has buttons with a padlock shown Open and Closed instead of the pictured remote with buttons labeled A and B. The Open button will make the internal relay contacts close and power to the output goes on, but no combination of pressing or holding down of the Open button, or the Close, or both together will make the relay open up to turn off the output power. The only way to reset the relay is to unplug the input power.

OtherThoughts:

I'm a degreed mechanical engineer with electronics experience - what am I missing? I have two of these units, and they act in an identical manner (by the way, mine operate on the same frequency, not different channels like another reviewer notes). I'll try to post a photo showing the remote and my wiring.

Bottomline:

Help me please, either from a recent purchaser or DX personnel. Maybe the last batch shipped from the supplier has a faulty circuit? Thanks - I've always had good luck with DX products, hope to get this one going too.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections