DX » Community » Reviews » RC-C3 Cree LED Flashlight Black (1.3V~4V CR123A)
  • 5 star 8 ( 73% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 27% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great buy

posted by mythoslegend on 05/19/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Great for carry because of small size and clip.
    Twist switch prevents no accidential on. Twist action is easy enough to turn on the flashlight with one hand.
    O-rings make it water-tight.
    Threading is smooth. They were nice enough to put a little grease/lube on it.
    Batteries do not shake inside flashlight.
    Clip quality is decent.
    No blemishes or dirt.
    Machining was good. Feels like a solid build.
    Bright (supposedly 100 lumens from website)
    Thorough smooth and solid output.
    Decent amount of spill
    Internal wiring applies constant current drain.
    Runtime is more than 1 hour (continous). I stopped it at 1 hour. I tested it using a fresh 3V CR123A primary battery (costs $2USD - UltraLast Advanced Technology Photo Lithium. US based company but batteries made in China) This RC-C3 hit the 1 hour mark without getting dim. There was a guy that said his gray RC-C3 only ran for 35 minutes. The romisen website says "Discharging time: 3 hours".

Cons:

It gets a little warm at 5 minutes. It will get considerably warm but never hot enough where you can't hold it. If you get sweaty hands easily or modestly, this flashlight is not for you.

OtherThoughts:

I bought this because it had had a clip and its single mode. (I don't like to cycle through modes). Has more lumens, more spill, and longer runtime than my other flashlight that costs me 36USD(2XCR123A). Wish I had more flashlights to compare to.

Bottomline:

Would buy again.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections