Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Nice simple little chubby light.

posted by flashin on 08/25/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

good price on a well driven cree p4.

very bright for a single 123 battery, but i'm used to buying lights that run on aa/aaa batteries, so this one should be brighter. it has good throw with a larger hotspot than some of the other small lights i own from DX.

it's easy to use, just twist it 'til it comes on. no modes, just on/off.

of coarse the build quality of this light is excellent. if you own any Romisen lights, then you know you can expect the same quality in this one too.

the runtime on a primary 123 is about 90 minutes. it gets pretty warm around 5 min, but not hot. i left it on for 45 min and it onlt got a little warmer, but again, never hot. i rareley have one on for more than 5 or 10 min at a time, unless it's an extreme emergancy, so getting a little warm is not a big deal.

it means,to me, that it has pretty good current management and heat sinking.

it seams to be well sealed, o-rings throughout (there's only 3). i know it is dunkable when screwed down and turned on, as long as the tail is tight too. i've read that some tailcaps are glued in. mine wasn't. i wouldn't submerge it when it's unscrewed in the off position if you can avoid it.

it has a removeable pocket clip that makes it very easy to clip to the top of your shirt or pants pocket, to keep it from floppin' around.

Cons:

there is no cons with this light's performance or build.

it's a great light that performs very well.

it is a little chubby in your pocket, but easy to get used to.

sometimes it can be a little tough to turn on/off with one hand. (gotta be smarter than the light i guess)

OtherThoughts:

it's a great little chubby light. but it runs on 123's. a lot of people love them, and use them faithfuly. i personally don't like them. either type, primary or rechargeable. they do have a lot of energy in a small package, and a long shelflife, but they are pretty expensive where i live, average $8us each. sometimes i can't find them at all, and i'm not always somewhere that i can recharge the rcr123's.

i converted mine to run on 2 aaa's. the tail on this light unscrews to remove the pocket clip. i found a aaa light body i had laying around.(got it at w-mart for $1 i think). the threads from the aaa body fit perfect in the rc-c3 tail threads. now it runs on 2 aaa's.

runtime is a little over 2 hrs. i've found aa/aaa's in places where they never heard of a cr123 lithium battery.

also i recieved this light by accident. it was in the wrong box. i decided to keep it, instead of returning it to DX for exchange. value was the same as what i ordered so no loss. i am confident, and satisfied with DX's service and response to the issue.

i have also started to like this stubby little thing. it's pretty bright.

Bottomline:

it's a great little light, that's very simple and well built. Romisen/Cree quality, with DX's pricing and service.

it's well worth it. order one or two.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections