Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Small and BRIGHT!!

posted by hyperloop on 11/09/2008
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Tiny tiny tiny was my first thought, slipped in a 3.0 volt cr123 energizer and the thoughts then wer bright! bright! bright!

Then i slipped in 3.7 volt RCR123s also bought from DX (Soshine cells, can be found [url=http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13811]here[/url] and it was even BRIGHTER!!!

The light did not get hot after a few minutes of use but i didnt want to push it.

The pocket clip is a nice tocuh, not too intrusive that it will snag on stuff in your pockets and on top of that it is removable too, simply unscrew the tail end and remove the clip. i leave it on as it acts as a grip assistor and also as an anti roll mechanism.

Cons:

Doesnt look water resistant, will be looking to insert some O-rings somewhere to try to fix that.

Knurling could be a bit more aggressive to assist the twisting of the head but that is not a majot gripe as too aggressive knurling would damage my stuff.

OtherThoughts:

The head is a bit on the sensitive side, i find that the light comes on momentarily when i am twisting the head to 'on' position and that when it is near the 'fully on' position i can activate a momentary on by pressing the head down. Imagine the light is facing forward and you are holding it with your thumb on the head, press downwards with your thumb to activate the light and release to turn it off. I'm still of Z minds whether this is a pro or a con, so i will post it here.

To lock out the light and prevent accidental turning on in the pocket, i turn about 1 full turn to make sure its off

Bottomline:

Great price, great buy. Simple 1 mode light without the need to twist here and there to activate different modes. I want light, i got light!

Get it!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections