DX » Community » Reviews » Compact USB to PS/2 Dongle (Keyboard / Mouse)
  • 5 star 12 ( 71% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 24% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byBelenus666 on 05/29/2011

- It works really well on my Trust keyboard. - Even special function keys still work (only one character won't type for me). - It's cheaper than buying a new keyboard / mouse! - Only 1 usb port needed for mouse and keyboard! - Works well on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.10 - It's big, you'll need some room to plug it in. - No other real cons I ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymarco1234 on 01/20/2011

very good product ,it is rare to find and now i can reuse my old ps/2 keyboard and mouse. It work very good on ubuntu 10.10 x64 but i think will work on all the os . It is large so if you have a pc with 2 usb very next to each other you will not able to use one of the 2. mouse and keybord with only one usb! it's a very good thing so you can save a usb ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byHastaman on 08/31/2010

It just works. My laptop has only 3 usb ports, this device makes is possible to plug mouse and keyboard in just one, without using a hub. Its a bit bulky, my usb ports are above eachother, so it isn't a real problem. It might be when your ports are side by side. You can't use the multi media keys on your ps2 keyboard. Thats too bad, but I was aware ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFrederick on 07/19/2010

It is a little too big, it is sticking out a little too much. looks sturdy and works - it allows to plug PS/2 mouse directly into it. It works as USB plug and play - I mean you can plug it easily after the computer is started - something that used to be prblem with regular ps/2 It does work with my wii, but not all the time. Sometimes it works sometimes ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPapermid on 05/11/2010

It's the cheapest adapter with legacy support, others can go for $30. It's plug and play, nothing to mess with. The build quality is good for the price. If I was to drop it, it would hold. But if I were to pry even with my bare hands it feels like it would come apart fairly easily. The device is not secured in the port and because it is so big it bends ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byEdreams on 11/23/2009

If you got a laptop wite a dead keyboard and trackpad like I got, then this is a great way to change it into a desktop machine. Works 100% perfectly with my KVM!!! Sturdy construction!!! ***LINUX FRIENDLY*** This adapter is a little bit wide, you are best off to plug it in last, or into a port that is by it's self. I wonder how many laptops could be ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byHFAscencio on 09/28/2009

If you have a keyboard that you really like and don't want to buy an USB one to substitute it... or if you simply don't want to spend the extra bucks, than this gadget is for you. Built quality is ok for the price. Since the device is a little wide, it might take space from the USB port right next to it. No other thoughts. It works fine with my keyboard ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTheLivingOne on 07/01/2009

Converts any PS/2 keyboard or mouse or both to USB. Works with any legacy devices and makes them look as generic USB HID keyboard/mouse. Works like a charm, PnP. Quite big, may block adjacent USB ports. An extension cable can be used to overcome this issue. Multimedia keys don't work for me under Linux because the keyboard is recognized as a generic ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysnoeeg on 06/25/2009

It is not too big, looks sturdy and works - it allows to plug PS/2 mouse directly into it. It works as USB plug and play - I mean you can plug it easily after the computer is started - something that used to be prblem with regular ps/2 It did not work with my Athen kvm switch - and this is what I needed it for. Obviously it does not have it's own controller ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysanchox on 03/17/2009

Was packed in a molded plastic and looked exactly the same as if bought from your local store, i.e. not cheap. Does what it is supposed to. I used it to connect an external keyboard and mouse to the docking station of my laptop. The dock has only USB outputs, no PS/2. When the laptop goes on sleep mode, after awaking it cannot find the keyboard (only ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections