perfect
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good four channel charger

posted by sparktastic on 09/16/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

There are not that many four individual channel chargers out there. Many battery powered toys and some other items now either use 1x or 3x AA batteries which is a pain if you only have a standard 2x or 4x charger. You are always hunting around trying to find an extra (discharged) AA cell, to fill the extra slot. Not to mention the fact that you can have major problems if you start mixing different capacity or brand cells. This charger will charge 1, 2, 3 or 4 AA cells individually.

Has a simple red/blue led for each channel. The led is Red for fast charge mode and blue for charged/trickle charge mode. Operates OK on 240v in Australia, however you will have to cut the mains plug off and fit a local version, or replace the power lead with an Australian version.

Cons:

Would have been nice to have a 12v input for the car. Batteries and charger do tend to get fairly warm (hot?) during the fast charge process. This may be a problem in hot climates - >40 degrees C in an Aussie summer!! The temperature drops back to ambient when in trickle mode.

OtherThoughts:

Didn't notice sku.6152 before I ordered this one. Sku.6152 does seem to offer more features for a little more money. It has an LCD display and a discharge mode which may be useful. I may have purchased the more expensive version if I had noticed it, but at the moment I am happy with this 'basic' version. Maybe it is better to stick with the K.I.S.S principle anyway! Less to go wrong with this one?

If you really want a top notch charger/analyser, buy the MAHA9000 for ~$100!

Bottomline:

Good four channel AA charger!

Cheap!

Works as advertised.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections