DX » Community » Reviews » Goot Wick Soldering Remover (2.5mm x 1.5M)
  • 5 star 16 ( 53% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 40% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 7% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byWeeneyTodd on 11/21/2013

- Easy to desolder components, even SMD components. - It absorbs fairly decent amounts of solder - Great for cleaning PCB copper pads of excess solder when replacing components - The whole wick tends to get warm during use, which is annoying when trying to hold the tip in place - The copper tends to oxidise when not in use - The end unravels quite a ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byboomerangfreak on 11/05/2013

-It works just great once u add solder flux. -Good size and amount for the money. -Although it says in the description that it has flux, it comes in bone dry so u will need to apply solder flux yourself when u need to use this item (no biggie at all). -I myself use a desoldering pump most of the times but this braid can wick up the small bits of solder ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLDJSNEEK on 11/05/2013

good just i expected. It does what it is supposed to do. Using flux with it and than it wil work smoother. It looks bigger than it is, but it wil also work on smaller places en than it is good size. nothing that i know right now. Using flux with it and than it wil work smoother. It looks bigger than it is, but it wil also work on smaller places en than ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAfonso360 on 07/10/2013

Works really well, the dispenser is nice but dont cut the wick to close to the dispenser or you might have to destroy it. Also its good that it comes with fulx Dont try to desodder small things it might be difficult as the thickness is not ideal. You cant get better for the price and it has excelente price/performance. There is really nothing more to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDark00 on 02/13/2013

- Works great, sucks all the solder - The width of 2.5mm works for both small and large sized solder spots that need to be sucked out - The price is reasonable, the 1.5m should last for quite some time if you are not using it constantly - Did not work without adding flux - took me some time to figure that out - While the dispenser/case holds the wire ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGrantly on 11/21/2012

Braided copper wire. As stated in the description.... that is accurate. Just didn't do the job that it is supposed to do. I did say at the beginning I am a novice user in this area. I generally just make do with other methods but thought I would give this stuff a go, but I was sadly disappointed I don't have any. Maybe the expert user will read this ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byOzTrev on 09/09/2011

o Very cheap price compared to local prices for the same thing! o Very handy for sucking up solder when desoldering components or just cleaning up a the pins of a surface mount integrated circuit with fine pitch. o Free planet wide transportation :-) o As others have noted, I do not believe that this copper desoldering braid contains ANY flux at all ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymeganote on 07/30/2011

Very easy to use. The best cost-effective solder wick in my opinion. Not the world's best but very good for its price. I recommend it. Use it for common soldering removal and also for BGA solder cleaning. This is the real deal, not a fake like some ebay sellers sell. No cons. The pictures show the model CP-2515 but I received CP-2515F. This is not a ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byChryseus on 07/17/2011

The best thing about this solder wick is that it is very cheap in comparison to well known brands of solder wick, the build quality is also pretty decent as I expected. Although it says it contains flux I have noticed it does not suck up solder too well, perhaps it is my soldering iron but it seems to be flux free to me or at least a rather inactive ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydexuser on 07/08/2011

- Made in Japan - It really sucks up solder very well - Very high quality product - Suitable for helping to remove stubborn capacitors on computer motherboards and other surface-mounted components on a circuit board - If used sparingly, it should be able to last you a long time - None in my case If you have never heard of such a thing as a 'de-soldering ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections