DX » Community » Reviews » Goot Wick Soldering Remover (2.5mm x 1.5M)
  • 5 star 12 ( 55% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 36% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted by Dark00 on 02/13/2013

Pros: - Works great, sucks all the solder - The width of 2.5mm works for both small and large sized solder spots that need to be sucked out - The price is reasonable, the 1.5m should last for quite some time if you are not using it constantly Cons: - Did not work without adding flux - took me some time to figure that out - While the dispenser/c... Read more

Impression:;

0 0
  • posted by Grantly on 11/21/2012

Pros: Braided copper wire. As stated in the description.... that is accurate. Cons: Just didn't do the job that it is supposed to do. I did say at the beginning I am a novice user in this area. I generally just make do with other methods but thought I would give this stuff a go, but I was sadly disappointed OtherThoughts: I don't have any. Mayb... Read more

0 0
  • posted by OzTrev on 09/09/2011

Pros: o Very cheap price compared to local prices for the same thing! o Very handy for sucking up solder when desoldering components or just cleaning up a the pins of a surface mount integrated circuit with fine pitch. o Free planet wide transportation :-) Cons: o As others have noted, I do not believe that this copper desoldering braid contain... Read more

0 0
  • posted by meganote on 07/30/2011

Pros: Very easy to use. The best cost-effective solder wick in my opinion. Not the world's best but very good for its price. I recommend it. Use it for common soldering removal and also for BGA solder cleaning. This is the real deal, not a fake like some ebay sellers sell. Cons: No cons. OtherThoughts: The pictures show the model CP-2515 but I... Read more

0 0
  • posted by Chryseus on 07/17/2011

Pros: The best thing about this solder wick is that it is very cheap in comparison to well known brands of solder wick, the build quality is also pretty decent as I expected. Cons: Although it says it contains flux I have noticed it does not suck up solder too well, perhaps it is my soldering iron but it seems to be flux free to me or at least... Read more

0 0
  • posted by dexuser on 07/08/2011

Pros: - Made in Japan - It really sucks up solder very well - Very high quality product - Suitable for helping to remove stubborn capacitors on computer motherboards and other surface-mounted components on a circuit board - If used sparingly, it should be able to last you a long time Cons: - None in my case OtherThoughts: If you have never hear... Read more

0 0
  • posted by v14d4m1r on 01/01/2011

Pros: For the price, it's very high quality. If you were to pay this much at a retail store, you'd get useless junk. The flux helps a lot. Cons: It's a little tricky to use effectively, but that's pretty much true of all desoldering tools. OtherThoughts: What more can you say about desoldering wick? It works, that's it. It works well. Bottomlin... Read more

0 0
  • posted by GordonGecco on 04/30/2010

Pros: Low cost wick that does the job. Saturated with no-clean RMA flux. Cons: There are better brands available (but they also cost more). OtherThoughts: In my profession I use desoldering braids frequently and after trying out many brands I have a favorite that I buy in bulk. This wick is not the best I’ve used but it’s also not the worst, it... Read more

0 0
  • posted by Otatiaro on 01/19/2010

Pros: It's a pretty good soldering wick. Not as efficient as pre-tinned wick but very usable. Cons: When used alone, it's not that good at catching solder because it's only copper. I use it along with some home-made flux (based on colophony violin rosin found here) and then it's far better. OtherThoughts: Order at least 3 if you solder / desold... Read more

0 0
  • posted by Jule553648 on 08/08/2009

Pros: Great soldering wick. Very cheap and very useful for desoldering large components from a PCB board. Ti sucks solder very good. It's build quality is very good. Package is great, so it doesnt fly around the table. Cons: You need to practice a little to use it properly. Then there is no solder point that cannot be removed! No other cons her... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections