DX » Community » Reviews » Goot Wick Soldering Remover (2.5mm x 1.5M)
  • 5 star 12 ( 55% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 36% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byDark00 on 02/13/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Works great, sucks all the solder - The width of 2.5mm works for both small and large sized solder spots that need to be sucked out - The price is reasonable, the 1.5m should last for quite some time if you are not using it constantly Cons:- Did not work wit... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGrantly on 11/21/2012

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Braided copper wire. As stated in the description.... that is accurate. Cons:Just didn't do the job that it is supposed to do. I did say at the beginning I am a novice user in this area. I generally just make do with other methods but thought I would give this... Read more

0 0
  • posted byOzTrev on 09/09/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:o Very cheap price compared to local prices for the same thing! o Very handy for sucking up solder when desoldering components or just cleaning up a the pins of a surface mount integrated circuit with fine pitch. o Free planet wide transportation :-) Cons:o As o... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymeganote on 07/30/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very easy to use. The best cost-effective solder wick in my opinion. Not the world's best but very good for its price. I recommend it. Use it for common soldering removal and also for BGA solder cleaning. This is the real deal, not a fake like some ebay seller... Read more

0 0
  • posted byChryseus on 07/17/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:The best thing about this solder wick is that it is very cheap in comparison to well known brands of solder wick, the build quality is also pretty decent as I expected. Cons:Although it says it contains flux I have noticed it does not suck up solder too well,... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydexuser on 07/08/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Made in Japan - It really sucks up solder very well - Very high quality product - Suitable for helping to remove stubborn capacitors on computer motherboards and other surface-mounted components on a circuit board - If used sparingly, it should be able to la... Read more

0 0
  • posted byv14d4m1r on 01/01/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:For the price, it's very high quality. If you were to pay this much at a retail store, you'd get useless junk. The flux helps a lot. Cons:It's a little tricky to use effectively, but that's pretty much true of all desoldering tools. OtherThoughts:What more can... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGordonGecco on 04/30/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Low cost wick that does the job. Saturated with no-clean RMA flux. Cons:There are better brands available (but they also cost more). OtherThoughts:In my profession I use desoldering braids frequently and after trying out many brands I have a favorite that I bu... Read more

0 0
  • posted byOtatiaro on 01/19/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:It's a pretty good soldering wick. Not as efficient as pre-tinned wick but very usable. Cons:When used alone, it's not that good at catching solder because it's only copper. I use it along with some home-made flux (based on colophony violin rosin found here) a... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJule553648 on 08/08/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Great soldering wick. Very cheap and very useful for desoldering large components from a PCB board. Ti sucks solder very good. It's build quality is very good. Package is great, so it doesnt fly around the table. Cons:You need to practice a little to use it prop... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections