Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byKLTAM on 06/16/2014

I have a UNI-T UT61E Digital Multimeter and it requires a RS232 port to connect to PC for logging and displaying data. The RS232 port is hard to find in recently available computers. I received this USB RS232 cable with a software CD. The received cable worked fine with the supplied diver for Windows XP. The cable worked fine with UNI-T UT61E. The chip-... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMarc666 on 02/11/2014

After installing the drivers it was as easy as cake tot connect it to a concoleport of a ethernet switch. Worked like a charm with Putty terminal. Installed on a laptop with Windows 8 with supplied driver. Can't think of any cons, if I find some I will post here if neccesary. Some direction tot which driver to install might be usefull. Three differtent ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymanthonijsz on 01/04/2014

Ideal and cheap RS232 cable. As network admin, I still have to carry this one around and it is light and worked immediately with my Windows 7 installation on computer and laptop. Drivers not needed, Windows finds them automatically. Could be slightly cheaper in my opinion. Buy hey, it is still a good deal and much cheaper than the branded RS232 USB ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjarcomm on 08/30/2013

I bought the cheapest one times. Then he had to use often. Did not expect such a good performance. Well defined and works in Windows HP and Windows 7. Also, works in Linux (Ubuntu). Well made, sturdy cable, neat appearance. Did not immediately find the driver, you can even be given a link to the controller manufacturer. No longer found. What a bargain,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byadamzigdon on 06/29/2013

- Very good product. - Works under Windows and Linux (Didn't test Mac) after installing the relevant drivers. - Makes old devices useable. - Great bandwidth. - The drivers disk is really easy to use which make the product almost 'Plug & Play'. - Great materials and assembly. - Working for all the RS232 devices I've tested (my old GPS, Joystick, ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypepelotas7 on 06/17/2013

Works right out of the box with Win7 64bits. There is no need to use the included driver disk, simply let Windows download the driver from the Internet. I am currently using it to control a Celestron telescope from my laptop and haven't found any issues. While it is a male DB9 connector, it has male attachment screws instead of female (i.e. screws instead ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDrkStormTrooper on 02/27/2013

Cheap Long enough cable to be useful Easy to setup None As many a PC user will know the latest PC's have forgone the legacy Serial port. I still see this to be a shame as there are still many devices such network switches, routers, electronics, etc that utilize the cheap and reliable serial communication. With this adapter you can use any PC with a ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySobcz on 05/31/2011

Works with Windows 7 x64 (MS-signed driver is auto-downloaded from Windows Update) Works with Windows XP (no auto-install, driver available on CD or at http://wch.cn/product/usb/ch341.asp) Works with Linux (tested with Slackware 13.1, kernel 2.6.33.4) none so far Hardware ID is USB\VID_1A86&PID_7523&REV_0254. This device uses non-Prolific chipset,... Read more

2 0
  • posted byGoletsa on 04/21/2011

- Small - Work with Windows 7 x64 with updated drivers from winchiphead.com ( http://www.winchiphead.com/download/CH341/CH341SER.ZIP ) - low cost - doesn't work with drivers from cd - doesn't work on my linux laptop with kernel 2.6.32. maybe later support will be added but now it doesn't recognize as serial device It usefull for connect to some network ... Read more

2 1
  • posted bysg7766 on 10/18/2008

Lets me use my old Magellan GPS (must download maps from PC using serial port) with my new Dell Windows Vista PC (which doesn't have a serial port). This cable is much cheaper than buying a serial-port card for my PC. The device driver software came on a mini-CD that I didn't see at first, threw it away with the wrapping! Look carefully - it's in there!... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections