Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byKLTAM on 06/16/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:I have a UNI-T UT61E Digital Multimeter and it requires a RS232 port to connect to PC for logging and displaying data. The RS232 port is hard to find in recently available computers. I received this USB RS232 cable with a software CD. The received cable worked f... Read more

0 0
  • posted byadamzigdon on 06/29/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Very good product. - Works under Windows and Linux (Didn't test Mac) after installing the relevant drivers. - Makes old devices useable. - Great bandwidth. - The drivers disk is really easy to use which make the product almost 'Plug & Play'. - Great mate... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypepelotas7 on 06/17/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Works right out of the box with Win7 64bits. There is no need to use the included driver disk, simply let Windows download the driver from the Internet. I am currently using it to control a Celestron telescope from my laptop and haven't found any issues. Cons:While it i... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDrkStormTrooper on 02/27/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Cheap Long enough cable to be useful Easy to setup Cons:None OtherThoughts:As many a PC user will know the latest PC's have forgone the legacy Serial port. I still see this to be a shame as there are still many devices such network switches, routers, electroni... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySobcz on 05/31/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Works with Windows 7 x64 (MS-signed driver is auto-downloaded from Windows Update) Works with Windows XP (no auto-install, driver available on CD or at http://wch.cn/product/usb/ch341.asp) Works with Linux (tested with Slackware 13.1, kernel 2.6.33.4) Cons:none... Read more

2 0
  • posted byGoletsa on 04/21/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Small - Work with Windows 7 x64 with updated drivers from winchiphead.com ( http://www.winchiphead.com/download/CH341/CH341SER.ZIP ) - low cost Cons:- doesn't work with drivers from cd - doesn't work on my linux laptop with kernel 2.6.32. maybe later support... Read more

2 1
  • posted bysg7766 on 10/18/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Lets me use my old Magellan GPS (must download maps from PC using serial port) with my new Dell Windows Vista PC (which doesn't have a serial port). This cable is much cheaper than buying a serial-port card for my PC. Cons:The device driver software came on a mini-CD th... Read more

0 0
  • posted byesquizo on 11/24/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Works in W2000 and XP. The cable is good to save your USB port . Cons:Not the best price, see other adapters. Strange drivers instalation, makes a folder in root. OtherThoughts:CH341 drivers, not the best solution but it works. Bottomline:If you need a serial... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrambokid on 09/17/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Easy driver installation. No technical skill required. Cons:Took a while to find the updated driver from the manufacture website. OtherThoughts:Get latest driver from http://www.winchiphead.com Use the CH341 driver Bottomline:Low cost solution for computers wi... Read more

0 0
  • posted byJordie on 06/24/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Very handy - Easy to use - Low cost! Cons:- Doesn't work in Mac OSX - Requires additional drivers in Win XP 32Bit OtherThoughts: Bottomline:If you need a(nother) serial port on Win XP, this is a great way to go. Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections