DX » Community » Reviews » Goot Wick Soldering Remover (2mm x 1.5M)
  • 5 star 16 ( 73% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 23% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 5% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
GREAT FOR PS2 LENSES
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bysinyimulder on 07/23/2014

pros: great to absorb soldering. i'm learning to do this. it does the work cons: nothing other thoughts: i needed to remove the soldering of a playstation 2 lens that i bought to replace my old one. These lenses have a small soldering that have to be removed in order to work. it did the job very nicely. I just needed a small piece but the price is so ... Read more

Impression:GREAT FOR PS2 LENSES;

0 0
  • posted byashmoylov on 12/31/2013

Very dense and good weaving. Carefully rolled and soaked a good flux. Solder pulls even of metallized holes. Absorbs solder leaves no dirt. Low price for such a good quality product. Not. Ribbon-braid to remove solder 2,0 mm x 1,5 m. This thing well unsolder hole components from single-sided boards, clean noses at resoldering. Well rolled, fine weaving,... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysabaleta on 11/23/2013

buen producto, facil de utilizar y a un muy buen precio absorve muy bien la soldadura. recomendable para usuarios asiduos a los trabajos electronicos. buen producto, facil de utilizar y a un muy buen precio absorve muy bien la soldadura. recomendable para usuarios asiduos a los trabajos electronicos. buen producto, facil de utilizar y a un muy buen ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytrevm999 on 11/21/2013

Great price, wick seems to work as well as any desoldering wick. Won't be able to find a better deal in stores. Could be more of it. Other than that I haven't had any other problems with it. I bought this when I was learning how to solder. I had trouble using the wick so I bought a desoldering pump. However, the desoldering pump doesn't work in all ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhenriton on 07/21/2013

* Tightly knit braid * Good dimensions for most desoldering work * It works! * Probably has some flux inside, it does attract solder nicely as expected. * Good build quality * Not very long * That's pretty much it! It's very cheap, but 1.5 meters is used pretty quickly especially if like me, you don't like to reuse previously soiled sections (the wick ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynickxab on 03/05/2013

A good quality Japanese prudact (as all Japanese products). Nicely priced. Necessary for everyone who does solders (professionals or not). No cons. I wish it was longer but for this price it is perfect. Some other guys said that it's not absorb the solder....i don't know what they done...for me worked fine... Very good product. The same I can find in ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynzCdog on 12/13/2012

I have been using this brand of wick for years, the Goot wick is supple to use and absorbs solder well for a clean desolder job. Flux residue can require some cleaning afterwards, though this is to be expected 2mm is a good size for most through hole circuitboards, and some SMD. This would be too small for cleaning up large turrets in point to point ... Read more

Goot Desolder Braid
    0 0
  • posted bysilvandre on 11/11/2012

It is very usefull in the businesss of electronic prototyping. This item does its job very well! Fast delivery, nice package, easy to use and thin enough! Only that is a little bit pricy, never the less it was the cheepest that i found! It should have more quantity, 2 meters are very short when a guy have lots of board with defective solder that needs ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTradiator on 07/21/2012

Cheap Absorbs almost nothing ! Copper braid sems to be to tight (not enough air for correct absorbtion) I dont understand the other positive ratings. I am a professional electronician and am used to much more efficient solder. I guess using flux will improve things but this is not something I usually do. And this is probably not very convenient for ... Read more

1 1
  • posted byMJdub on 09/04/2011

If you know what this is, you probably need it and want to buy it. I don't need to convince you. This product was the same quality as I've come to expect. No curve balls. It soaks up solder. It didn't sing me a lullaby after long nights of soldering ;( Really though, no problems. This stuff usually costs more in stores around here, so I usually just ... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections