Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Works great

posted by webley445 on 11/23/2007
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Works as intended. Works great at home with my boombox stereo. Simple on /off. blue back light makes for easy reading in dark. Was easy (for me) to program following included instructions.

Cons:

Not the best sound quality, may be a little hiss or noise when used. Depending on the vehicle (if used in car), may have to find just the right spot in the car for the FM to pick up the signal properly.

OtherThoughts:

I mainly use this for my scanner (I listen to local FD). When in my Ford sedan or the Ford minivan at work, I have to place the transmitter on top of the dash to the right of the steering wheel for the stereo to pick up the signal properly, kind of a pain.

In Dodge or Kia vans, I can place the transmitter anywhere and it picks up on stereo fine. This unti really shines at home listening over the boombox. I also found a website for finding unused FM frequencies (in conjunction with satellite radio units). I entered my zip code and got 3-4 oprions for unused freqs that are working out great for my uses.

Bottomline:

Great nifty little gadget to have. Has come in useful. Wouldn't mind having one or two more, especially at the price which is at least half or athird of other retail prices I hace seen.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections