DX » Community » Reviews » Goot Wick Soldering Remover (1.5mm x 1.5M)
  • 5 star 24 ( 71% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byLisa1 on 03/23/2013

You can get it to do the job. You get plenty of it for a low price. Comes in a nice roll to keep it tidy. Looks of a decent quality. Creates a horrible smell when used for extended periods of time. Along the braid there is almost no flux at all, making it extremely difficult to get the solder to get sucked into it at times. Using this product can be ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysharut on 03/13/2013

Very fine desoldering item. I am made some electronic devices, and then soldering remover is very help me in work! Very good quality - flux soaked and good copper! there are no cons really no one, for the price, but wire might be a little longer:) With this soldering remover You can desolder any element on PCB, like SMD components or DIP IC! This thing ... Read more

desolder
    0 0
  • posted byJhonny321 on 11/28/2012

It is a very good product in a nice plastic container. Probably the wick is without any or very little amount of flux on it. This makes the job a little bit harder but nothing to worry about. YOu can always add a little bit of flux at the wick and/or at the rework area and it will work perfectly! Nothing to add here! Maybe it is a good idea to use a ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrelopro on 11/15/2012

it really helper me to remove alot o components since resistor to PIC and a lot of other itens, very simple to use, and removes each everything. it is really cheap and i am thinking to buy other wick soldering remover, the best soldering remover. no one that really mind!! it is perfecto to remove little welds in little circuits on every place that you ... Read more

2 0
  • posted bykennyycc on 08/29/2012

I used it to suck all the additional solder which shorted. It does what it suppose. Consider worth with this price. there is some time you have to set your solder temperature higher in order to completely transfer the solder to the wick. It is because the flux on the wick is lesser than expected. Additional solder paste or flux require to complete my ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycragv on 04/15/2012

Flux amount is adequate; more would be nicer but this generally isn't available on the cheaper copper braids from any brand. Certainly enough to work with. Temps don't need to be very high at all to work. For the price, there are no cons really. I'd like to be able to buy a 50m roll of the stuff to save me ording multiples with regularity (I do electronic ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byservox on 05/26/2011

+ Very good quality and compact package. + Excellent price. + Simple but useful! * None. * Yo will need some experience to use it. * Just try. * No cons at all. * This is my first soldering remover, and it is looking good. * Will use it with vacuum pump soldering remover for device repairing when just iron is not enough. * Good for its price. * Recomended!... Read more

0 0
  • posted byk1T4eR on 05/08/2011

- Not the best, but good quality - Heats up fast - Flux soaked - Good copper braid sucks in good quantities of solder - Too short, you'll run through it faster than you think:) - It need very powerful iron - Not so easy to use, as you will think at first time Very good quality. If you are soldering very often, I am shure, you need this thing! Buy it!... Read more

0 0
  • posted byolqminn on 03/29/2011

- compact design - easy to use - suitable for soldering as a hobby - also a professional tool - light weight one like this in my country costs the same. so it's not cheaper buying it from china :) the whole wire is also a bit short. could be longer anyway :) it is used by heating the flux then applying this wire and heating the wire. so the leg should ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byczechx on 03/10/2011

This wick is very fine a good for soldering very fine pitch packages or even trough hole ones as well. It gets used up very fast as any other solder wick once you start liking using it instead of solder sucker. Buy several rolls right away. When you cut off the used end, don't cut it straight but at an angle as you usually hold the wick and a soldering ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections