DX » Community » Reviews » Soldering Remover Ball - Color Assorted - Color Assorted (Large)
  • 5 star 18 ( 72% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 28% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted by sdmacleod on 07/03/2014

Pros: A really simple way to clean the tip of a soldering iron. Lasts a long time (been using it three years, haven't filled it yet). Also good for household cleaning ;) Cheaper than I could find anywhere else. Looks neat. Makes me feel like a professional :) Cons: Still needs a container to hold it in place. I keep mine in a slot in my toolbox... Read more

Impression:;

0 0
  • posted by NorthernDIY on 12/05/2013

Pros: Very effective at cleaning soldering iron tip of burnt flux residue and oxidized solder slag. Very reasonably priced. Doesn't cool down the soldering iron tip like a wet sponge does. Cons: No holder included. Taped up a bit too much, was kind of difficult to open OtherThoughts: Can easily make a holder using an old pop can, just cut the t... Read more

0 0
  • posted by dumitrubogdan on 06/14/2013

Pros: - It does the job it was built for. - Is easy to use and it lets your soldering iron tip clean, of course, if you know how to use it. - Much better than the usual sponge cleaner and you don`t need to wet it. Cons: - No Cons for this item, if you know ho to use it, it will do the job is designed for. OtherThoughts: - Is good to buy, also,... Read more

0 0
  • posted by woliveirajr on 02/07/2013

Pros: Very good product to remove large solderings that you have in your project. Has a big size, so you will use it many times before needing a new one. Delivered very fast, without mistakes. Was packeaged in a plastic bag, that you'll throw away after using it. Cons: You have to know how to use it to avoid burning the tip of your fingers, bec... Read more

0 0
  • posted by Potstada on 01/26/2013

Pros: Cleans the tip of your solder iron very well an smooth. Works much better than the standard sponge. My Ball fits perfect in the gab for the sponge of my solder station. I think its more safe to the tip than the sponge. Cons: If you are not so lucky like me that it fits in the solder station you should think about a good holder for it. Oth... Read more

0 0
  • posted by violeta21 on 10/21/2012

Pros: Great quality, probably one of the best I used It costs a fraction of what the other ones do Clean without degrade your soldering iron's tip -Looks good Solder can be easy cleaned from the ball. Cons: You need a safe place to put it, to avoid burn your working table. I recommend to use a 'half dome' filled with these metal coils as sku.34... Read more

1 0
  • posted by mamorno on 09/25/2012

Pros: I have bought many solder removers of all kinds in the past for much more money than this one , and this has been by far the best one i have bought in years. Cons: The only con is that i didn't buy two on my first order , now i got to wait for my second OtherThoughts: This solder remover is easy cleaned and last for a life time!! I have b... Read more

1 0
  • posted by srinity on 08/14/2010

Pros: I use both a sponge and a 'half dome' filled with these metal coils. (Mine isn't from DX, but it looks similar to sku.34154) My original ball got all gunky with solder, so I ordered one of these to replace it. It works just as well as the original in 'cleaning' the iron. Cons: A bit small. I don't know if my original holder is bigger then... Read more

0 0
  • posted by KazDuzar on 07/25/2010

Pros: This product can be used to clean the tip of your soldering iron, which is very important during soldering. + It works better than a wet sponge to clean your soldering tip. + Size is good. It fits nice in my original sponge basket of my soldering standard. Cons: It's recommended to put it in a case, housing/whatsoever, so it won't move du... Read more

0 0
  • posted by BramvdKraan on 05/28/2010

Pros: This soldering removal ball works as it should work, you can hold it and clean your hot soldering iron without getting your fingers burned. I used it 10 times now, and I allmost cant see any difference with a brand new one, so you can use it many times. Cons: same price as in the local store, so try there first. If you find it there, buy... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections