DX » Community » Reviews » 30-LED 3M Battery Powered Christmas Light (White LED 3xAA)
  • 5 star 10 ( 71% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 21% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 7% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Fun, Bright, and Decent Build Quality

posted by Krizalid on 02/03/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Very good price!
    It lights up nice and bright, and runs for several hours on a set of 3 AAA alkaline batteries (ballpark, 4 hours before they dim). With a set of rechargeable, these are even more fun and economical to use.
    Two settings - blinking and constantly on.
    Build quality is fairly good.

Cons:

The cables are a little on the fragile side, so handle gently, and avoid too much moisture.
    The battery case isn't watertight, and the power switch can be a little stubborn.

OtherThoughts:

These put out enough light to easily light up a tent, RV, a small-to-medium sized room and other such areas, if mounted right. I used these as backup lighting for my basement storage areas, and they work quite well. If the power goes out, they might be more useful than a lantern for lighting a large work area. I might take them camping to illuminate our gazebo kitchen tent. These would also work well as signal light in a pinch.

Bottomline:

For the price, these are very good portable string lights. The light output is very good. It's pretty energy-efficient. The build quality is adequate. I'm definitely going to get more of these.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections