photos and videos here!

• Work well but not sure of long term reliability

posted by MarkCook on 12/29/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- A great price for a lot of LEDs
    - Good mix of colours
    - Works well in the UK when the round pins Euro-style plug is connected via a standard 2 pin shaver adaptor

Cons:

- As mentioned by other reviewers the mains cable is short and it's annoying to have to cycle the controller through all the flashing modes to get to "always on" - better if it started in that mode
    - Had mine less than 18 months, indoor use only at Christmas and stored in my study in the meantime, and when I got them out this year found that all the LED legs have corroded and are flaking, even up inside the plastic body of the LED itself - don't know if this means they will fail in due course and it makes them look ugly
    - The current limiting resistors fitted to some of the LEDs inside the sleeving quickly get too hot to touch which can give you a surprise if you aren't expecting it

Bottomline:

An unbeatable price, but unfortunately the build quality is not as high as it might be and if the LEDs start failing because of the corrosion then it doesn't matter how good the price was. I'm still on the lookout for LED Christmas lights but not sure I would buy another set of these - sorry DX.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections