Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Cool, but not the fastest hub...

posted by brainzilla2 on 06/12/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Nice form-factor, 10 devices is quite a lot.

The switch (which is red on my hub - pretty cool) switches the power-lines (both USB and external) off. useful!

Cons:

Not very fast...

Started a huge backup this morning which takes a lot of I/O and after like 3 hrs I stopped it (was still way below 50%). Direct connection finished in less than one hour.

Might be faster with huge files.

Does not work with my DVB-T stick - maybe it's the stick, maybe current is insufficient, maybe hub is too slow.

It has a tempting little power-adaptor-hole at the side, but no protective diodes or such inside - so beware not to fry your USB-port!

OtherThoughts:

Has a blue LED inside which lights up the whole thing pretty bright... Some might see this a a plus, I will replace the LED with either a way duller model or just nothing :-)

The case is pretty OK, you can open it with just your fingernails, but it closes nicely.

The electronics inside are WAY boring. 10 USB-sockets , a LED, a switch. Thats it.

The interesting parts are 3 black blobs on the back of the board - nothing to see here.

Bottomline:

Nice hub, with some tweaks and a better chipset he would be a king!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections